Goodbye Evo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. tromba

tromba Member This Topic's Starter

I switched back to my Treo today. The Evo surpassed it in every way except ONE and that one was being able to sync to Outlook (NOT GOOGLE) calendar. HTC sync didn't work (they even escalated my support ticket and then never called back). Tried solution after solution. It just got too frustrating spending HOURS AND HOURS in forums and trying all solutions suggested, mostly finding many others who could NEVER get it working either. Tried some 3rd party stuff that had errors also.

My wife had a Pre from the beginning and the reason I never got one was that there was no sync with Outlook. I read about the Evo and HTC Sync and thought this was the answer to my problems!!! Oh, well.....

I really liked this except for the ONE thing i needed!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Too bad that would be a deal breaker for you. Maybe next time around Android will give you a better alternative.

3. rvb1019

rvb1019 New Member

Same thing here until I download Touchdown. For the last 3 weeks, it's been synching fine. When the 30 trial is up, I hope to either have a patch ready (not likely) or pay the $20 to run Touchdown.

4. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

Is Android supposed to be able to sync to Outlook? I'm assuming it should...but then again I've had my EVO for 4 days and still can't figure out how to get Hotmail to work with it.

Also, anyone know if the EVO can sync with Entourage for those who use Mac?

5. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

Mine syncs to Outlook just fine. Of course I had to point it to Outlook for it sync with it, but it does it automatically ever since...

6. tromba

Hadn't heard of that one, but it seems you need an Exchange server.... I was only trying to get it to my PC

7. tromba

Yeah, that's the thing.... many people have it working just fine. Then there seems to be many others that can't get it to work no matter what they try.

8. tromba

Not really..... the reason I got the Evo was that HTC has a program called HTC Sync that was supposed work with Outlook... I haven't read anything about a sync with Entourage. I'm pretty sure HTC sync is PC only.

9. former_yank

former_yank New Member

Mine has been working just fine. I have the Palm Pre and it worked fine. I am using exchange.

10. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member

That's nice. Did you even read the OP?

11. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

I have gotten 3 EVOs to sync with Outlook no problem using the latest HTC Sync program. Main thing to know is it installs the drivers for your EVO to your pc. Have you tried syncing to another pc by any chance just to make sure it wasnt your pc causing the issue?

12. tromba

I have no doubt the problem is my PC. but that's the one it needs to sync to. It's not the phone connecting, it's HTC sync itself giving error messages. I've followed directions from one site that disabled EVERYTHING on startup (other than Microsoft essential stuff)...

but I digress.... I appreciate the suggestion, but been there, done that.

13. Will Rickards

Will Rickards Well-Known Member

So your using outlook pointed to a pop3 mail account or something like that? No exchange server?

14. tromba

I'm not concerned about email and Outlook. I had those on the Evo (IMAP) working fine. It's the calendar that was the primary concern. Yep, no exchange server.

15. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

As a treo pro owner (former user), let me offer my condolences. I do understand a dealbreaker though.

Long way around, but did you try to sync your outlook to gmail and let the phone get the cal from there?

16. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.

Feel free to stick around though! We welcome all here at AF regardless of the phones they have.

marctronixx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.