• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Hero Section :(

ccapasso

Android Expert
Jan 12, 2010
Well, it has been a good run, but I must bid goodbye to this section (sort of). Some of you may know/remember me, others are probably thinking who is this guy. Anyways, it is time for me to move on, and into the Evo Section!

So Kelmar, I'm officially leaving the cave (but entering a new one)!

I'll still be around to help out as I can but I got my Evo yesterday and rooted it today :).

Best of luck to all here :)

Congrats Cap, the phone is a beast. My father stopped by with his brand new Evo yesterday. I purposely stayed away so I wouldn't do an impulse buy but after 5 minutes with it I feel in love. Fits perfectly in my hand. I'm hoping Sprint shows a nice new phone at CES since my 1 year anniversary is in April but if not then I'll be in the Evo section too.

Upvote 0
Congrats Cap, the phone is a beast. My father stopped by with his brand new Evo yesterday. I purposely stayed away so I wouldn't do an impulse buy but after 5 minutes with it I feel in love. Fits perfectly in my hand. I'm hoping Sprint shows a nice new phone at CES since my 1 year anniversary is in April but if not then I'll be in the Evo section too.

All that I have read shows the next one will be the HTC Knight. The specs look similar to the Evo, but only an 800MHz processor and it has a slide out keyboard and is smaller. Granted this is all "speculation" but Amazon slipped up and put it up on their site for early pre-order and needless to say it is out there now.

Upvote 0
I assume most of us will be leaving soon, out with the old and in with the new, for now I will be around and see what new comes out this year, but nice to see you will still be checking in to help out when needed.

Well, it has been a good run, but I must bid goodbye to this section (sort of). Some of you may know/remember me, others are probably thinking who is this guy. Anyways, it is time for me to move on, and into the Evo Section!

I'll still be around to help out as I can but I got my Evo yesterday and rooted it today :).

Upvote 0

Thanks for all your help and guidance:D:D

Upvote 0

ccapasso, The Hero is a great phone, made even greater by the community here, and you, ccapasso, in particular, having patiently and unselfishly helped me and countless others... you have been a very significant asset to the Hero community!

And yes, I did in fact get an EVO 4G last week... against my comments earlier, I really don't find it to be too big, but I still beleive the $10 surcharge for 4G is a farce, especially if one doesn't have 4G available where they use their phones, but whatever, I just factored it into the purchase (upgrade) price. BTW, I was succesfull in rooting the EVO after a few hiccups...

Anyway, I am not leaving the Hero section anytime soon, as my wife, and two sons have Heros...

So anyone who was hoping to see me gone...well....;):D

Upvote 0
All that I have read shows the next one will be the HTC Knight. The specs look similar to the Evo, but only an 800MHz processor and it has a slide out keyboard and is smaller. Granted this is all "speculation" but Amazon slipped up and put it up on their site for early pre-order and needless to say it is out there now.

The Shift may be 800 but the processor is 2nd gen, so it may be faster

Upvote 0
Good Luck Cap! Enjoy the EVO, it's a nice phone...

My upgrade came in October, but I have resisted giving up my Hero and will stick with it for now. Surprised that Sprint really hasn't snagged anything to keep at the fore-front of the handsets being introduced at the CES, but Sprint usually comes out with news around June too, so we'll see, lol, to think I might hold onto this phone for 2 years... lol...

Anyway, cya round!
:cool:

Upvote 0
Nice to see you around too bro, it has been a while since we have seen you around

Good Luck Cap! Enjoy the EVO, it's a nice phone...

My upgrade came in October, but I have resisted giving up my Hero and will stick with it for now. Surprised that Sprint really hasn't snagged anything to keep at the fore-front of the handsets being introduced at the CES, but Sprint usually comes out with news around June too, so we'll see, lol, to think I might hold onto this phone for 2 years... lol...

Anyway, cya round!
:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones