Last Updated:

1. Mrniceguy

Mrniceguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. rockstar

rockstar Member

3. T120ted

T120ted Member

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I was checking out the Moment today and had yto say I liked it better. I was all set on sticking with HTC and the Hero but it just keeps getting me that the software problems just keep coming up and I'm running out of room to add apps. that fix these things. It really didn't look that huge or feel that bad to me and while texting today I just can't stand the amount of errors in my spelling due to the sorry vk and lagginess of the keyboard. So I headed to best buy and although they didn't carry it yet they ordered me one from the next largest town and now I think I can sleep a lil better at night knowing it's all a done deal. All my tvs are Samsung as well as my fridge and all my Monitors too. Might as well add the phone to it and move forward. I also thought the doom and snes games on the Hero was a bad experience and I seem to be at the Doctors office alot lately It's beginning to get on my nerves not passing the time with a lil gaming. Loved the Hero but from just handling the Moment I feel a little more relieved in my Android adventures now. God luck to all the HTC Faithful.

4. imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne Well-Known Member

Now i gotta go check it out.

5. rockstar

rockstar Member

6. americonium

americonium Well-Known Member

So does this mean no more "Mrniceguy"?

7. alee

alee Member

I left a couple days ago too... But I'm back.

8. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Good luck to you :). I too was interested in the Moment, but the lack of any real speed improvements really disappointed me, with a faster processor and just a stock ui running, the Moment should be way up there in terms of speed but I didn't too much improvement over the Hero. I hear Samsung isn't planning a update till 2010 though, and it's only 1.6, what is up with that??? As much as a hardware keyboard appeals to me, the phone is just so boring compared to the Sense UI, while it's not always stable, it always keeps me looking at my screen with just how nice everything looks lol. Really wish HTC had made it, they just have a knack for making an OS look so damn good. I do get that a hardware keyboard is enough to want to switch though as I am getting frustrated with the virtual one also but I feel like the Hero is gonna be the favorite in terms of updates/bug fixes and the Moment is going to be the younger sibling always in the shadow =/.

9. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

Doesnt the moment run just regular ol' 'vanilla' android?

Whats up mayng. Long time no see. :D

10. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I agree with you completely. I feel like future updates will address a lot of the heros problems including the annoying keyboard lag

11. Negrito

try turning off either the keyboard sound, or the haptic feedback, or even both. after i turned off the haptic feedback i havent had my keyboard lag at all again. i found it quite annoying when it would get stuck on a letter and then suggest that i wanted the symbol.

12. aznsmith

aznsmith Well-Known Member

turning off prediction/spell check gets rid of ALL keyboard lag but you'll need perfect spelling and accuracy. i set portrait mode to t9 with auto correction/prediction and landscape qwerty without prediction. imo this is the best combination.

i still can't decide whether to go with the moment...i would probably go with it if i knew it was getting 2.0. i'd get major buyer's regret if samsung abandons software support for this phone....

13. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

Im stuck trying to decide too. Right now ill stick with the hero...my last phone an omnia had NO support from Samsung...i got all my support from modaco for that phone, that was a great place. I will say that the omnia was a rocksolid phone hardware wise...os wise winmo was a mess.

Chris

14. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member

Sites are reporting Samsung plans to get 1.6 rolling for the Moment in 2010, and 2.0 coming Q2 next year, probably on the Galaxy first, then making it's way to the Moment. We all know Samsung sucks at support lol but the Moment is a functional device without updates.

15. yasuro

yasuro Active Member

i decided to turn in my hero for a pre. after much thought, the "hackiness" of the hero and android has made me decide to go with the pre.

16. aznsmith

aznsmith Well-Known Member

what's your opinion about the pre in relation to the hero?

17. Negrito

what does "hackiness" mean?

18. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Apparently it means "solid build quality"

palm really screwed up with the pre. WebOS is great but the form factor sux.
    Its like putting your most badass special forces marines in a wicker tank.

19. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

if the pre had more "heft" and was bigger and heavier.. i'd have considered it more seriously

but it was so tiny - especially the kybd!

there's a phrase i remember from the family guy.... "there's just no wayyy"

lol

20. Negrito

So the Pre has better build quality than the Hero? That's the most ridiculous statement of the year.

21. deviouskoopa

deviouskoopa Active Member

How do you turn off haptic feedback? Is that the same as turning off vibrate when typing?

22. Negrito

Exactly the same. Not sure if it was this thread cause im too lazy to scroll, but i also read that turning off other features, such as the sound when typing and auto predict or suggestions.

23. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

Here are my thoughts on the Pre: quite simple, the keyboard is WAY to small for me. The top row of keys I cant even press without hitting the slide out screen. Its small and compact and the screen is nice, but not for me.

Moment: While the thought of a qwerty keyboard is nice, there is no way Im going to slide up the screen and turn the phone sideways EVERYTIME I want to type something. So the fact Id use the touchscreen more I might as well have the Hero since its thinner and lighter. I had the Instinct before so im use to touchscreen now. Plus I keep my phone in my front pocket...thinner the better.

In a year both phones will be outdated anyways, you'll have your upgrade available...so I dont think its that bad either way. Im sticking with the Hero.

24. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Read it again. You obviously misunderstood

25. Mrniceguy

Mrniceguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Me too forget the moment...
    Im back just been out of town ill be more active on the forums now that im back :p

Viva LA HERO