Goodbye Symbian

Last Updated:

1. bunster

bunster New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 29, 2009

I am Ron and live in The Netherlands. Finally i made the step to android. My first phone with extra's was the Nokia 7650. Then after a while the rest came along E61, N95 8gb, E71 with a Sony Symbian in between somewhere. It seems that nobody can make a perfect phone besides the fact you like touch screen, slider, monoblock and so on... The screen is not good enough, the battery dies too soon, the headset jack is too small or not there at all like my HTC Magic (is not bothering me though), the camera has not enough megapixels or has enough but the lens is not too good. Is this all on purpose or what?

Lets talk about my experiance with Android. I think is't great like everything from Google works for me. I don't drink Coca Cola but Pepsi and i don't eat McDonalds but Burger King (once per 2 months, don't get me wrong). So no Apple iPhone here but HTC Android. I was so used to Symbian like i am used to Windows that you are used to live with the bad things and know how to handle them not knowing there are better things. This Android phone saves a lot of time because all apps are quickly linked together.

What every phone misses is Skyfire. The only browser that shows everything. It is not as fast as the built in browser or Opera but all websites are running and that is nice! Nimbuzz for Android would be nice too with Fring on second place. Other than that i forgot Symbian already. Touch screen is different and i am not shure if it is my thing, for now i like it...

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Oct 18, 2008
  3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Nov 23, 2008