Goodbye, years and years of Windows Mobile. Hello, Android!

Last Updated:

1. vzwdts

vzwdts Member This Topic's Starter

[FONT=&quot]Hi, guys!

First off, I'm glad to have found such a welcoming smartphone community! I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join up. After being a hardcore Windows Mobile user for years, I've finally made the jump to a new platform. I was lucky enough to use one of the pre-production Sholes models a couple of months ago and after 10 minutes of playing with it, I knew I had to have one.

I was first introduced to the PDA experience back in 2000 when I picked up a Handspring Visor Prism. I eventually moved to a Kyocera 6035 smartphone and later on, a Treo 650. After exhausting all the usability of PalmOS, I moved onto my first Windows Mobile device, a Treo 700wx. I used the HELL out of that phone and I loved it.

My buddy had an HTC phone (at the time, an Apache) and I thought all the ROM building was awesome, so I moved to a Titan which began my long road into HTC hell. I went through the Titan, Vogue, Raphael and Rhodium before I finally decided to swear off EVER buying another Qualcomm-equipped HTC phone. I've been burned more times than I can count with crippled video drivers and subpar build quality. You should have seen my eyes light up the first time I used the Droid.

Anyhow, I got my Droid today and I'm psyched to begin modding it. Can't wait for the thing to get root!

Thanks for welcoming me to your community and I hope I can help out!

[/FONT]

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome! :D

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. noonehereyet