• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

azoller1

Android Expert
Jul 16, 2012
These 2 years have been so much fun, but my contract is up in a week and so and its time to move on, will probably end up getting the g3, s5, or HTC one M8

Before I bought the lg spectrum I knew pretty much NOTHING about and android development, then I decided to start developing for the lg spectrum because it has a small community (which I loved this small community) and I started on my ICY Fusion ROM, which was just a basic stock zip file ROM, and I would add tweaks or different apps into it and I had a LOT of fun making updates for everyone, then after about 6 months I got a better computer and I decided to try and build Roms from source, and I set up Ubuntu which took me forever and I initialized my source, then it took me another day or two to figure out how to get these device kernel and vendor files which I has no knowledge of what these things were, then after a week or two I finally got a ROM to build and I felt SO successful, and I flashed it and it worked, and then the next year and half I got into kernel building and more advanced ROM building, and I pretty much know how github works now and what you can do with it.

And the small community for this phone really just led me to have a passion for android and developing, but now I really want to be a programmer, which will be helpful later in my life

But I barely did much anyways for this community, all the credit should go to: tdm, death2all, playfulgod, jcase, and just everyone else that actually did the hard stuff that I could never do to get the spectrum to do what it needs to do to be able to even flash a ROM, so my thanks goes out to those guys.

It was definitely a fun 2 years with you all, and I'm actually going to miss the spectrum, it was a great phone.

Peace out!;)

These 2 years have been so much fun, but my contract is up in a week and so and its time to move on, will probably end up getting the g3, s5, or HTC one M8

Before I bought the lg spectrum I knew pretty much NOTHING about and android development, then I decided to start developing for the lg spectrum because it has a small community (which I loved this small community) and I started on my ICY Fusion ROM, which was just a basic stock zip file ROM, and I would add tweaks or different apps into it and I had a LOT of fun making updates for everyone, then after about 6 months I got a better computer and I decided to try and build Roms from source, and I set up Ubuntu which took me forever and I initialized my source, then it took me another day or two to figure out how to get these device kernel and vendor files which I has no knowledge of what these things were, then after a week or two I finally got a ROM to build and I felt SO successful, and I flashed it and it worked, and then the next year and half I got into kernel building and more advanced ROM building, and I pretty much know how github works now and what you can do with it.

And the small community for this phone really just led me to have a passion for android and developing, but now I really want to be a programmer, which will be helpful later in my life

But I barely did much anyways for this community, all the credit should go to: tdm, death2all, playfulgod, jcase, and just everyone else that actually did the hard stuff that I could never do to get the spectrum to do what it needs to do to be able to even flash a ROM, so my thanks goes out to those guys.

It was definitely a fun 2 years with you all, and I'm actually going to miss the spectrum, it was a great phone.

Peace out!;)

Thank you for all your hard work!!! I personally went on to the s5 and we could use some more development for it. Hopefully I'll see you on the s5 forums.

Upvote 0

Peace out!;)

Thanks for everything!! One last thing though, don't forget NEPH81.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones