1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Google 3.1 Roll Out for XOOM

1. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

yeah im seen the old market.. i guess i just have to wait untill i get the new version of the market, i already tried deleting the app's data but no luck...

but i think are supposed to see a "videos" app with the update.. check this video @ 22:07 YouTube - GoogleDevelopers's Channel you can see the icon for the app
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

You may have to clear the cache for the market for the new tabs similar to the phones. Also I have been through the update there is an APK on there called movies. I assume you have to go to the market and will list what is available for you to watch. I will not no more until I get mine unrooted and updated though. Go to applications manage and then under all find the market. Do a force stop and then clear cache you do not need to delete data or clear data then you should be able to launch the market with the new version.
  3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

anyone else feel like this new movie feature is really google saying w/e to netflix? I hope not !
  4. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

You are right. Just checked my Xoom. I didn't notice it before (on page 2 of the apps) but yes, when you select / shop it takes you to the Movies tab in the Market.
  5. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Naw, I think it's more an answer to "there's no way to download movies to watch when you don't have a signal!" (I checked, you can download anw atch offline). More like an answer to iPad's iTunes option. IPad has iTunes and Netflix, don't see why Android wouldn't want both, too. I still plan on using PlayOn, but nice to know there's a non-streaming option, too.
  6. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Would the Widevine DRM that will come with this update satisfy the need for DRM for protected content? Would this bring Netflix to the XOOM and other services that require DRM for protected content?
  7. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

Got the option to update to Flash 10.3 but can't install because I haven't got 3.1, ugh.
    kennychaffin likes this.
  8. BiGMERF

Same here. I want to slap somebody
  9. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

10. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

Speaking of the update today I got my Beta Invite for google music on my XOOM. I use a separate google account on my XOOM since my fiance and I share it and it generally sits at home. So far the service is pretty sweet.

Not sure but it sounds like Google is rolling out the invites to anyone with a XOOM I never even signed up for the beta on that account. The account I use on my three Android phones I signed up for but have not gotten the invite.
  11. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

I have my personal and work emails on my XOOM. My personal being my primary and the one where all my settings are backed up on... I got an invite to my work account, which makes me mad cuz I need to surrender that account in a couple of months... I want my invite to the right account!!! :(
  12. murraj2

murraj2 Active Member

I have a Verizon xoom, still no update. Tried the date trick. Anyone else not get it yet?

No music invite yet either.
  13. CMNDR

CMNDR Well-Known Member

I didn't get either an update or an invite yet. keep trying the date trick too...
    no luck
  14. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get angry...Verizon didn't sell too many XOOMs it shouldn't take this long to push the update to all users. I could see if there have been some issues with the update, I haven't heard of any.
    Come on Verizon...flip the switch and get the rest of us who paid $800 for this "beta" tablet the update.
  15. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

+100
  16. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting.
  17. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Browser seems much faster and more responsive.
  18. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

So your update did come with video app? ... mine didn't, anybody else?
  19. sethwardo

sethwardo Member

Yeah mine came with the video app
  20. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Given that Motorola announced on Facebook and Twitter today that WiFi Xoom's would not be getting the movie app "yet", it might be prudent for responses to also include whether or not they are 3G or WiFi Xoom's...
    macprv likes this.
  21. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Active Member

Uhm, how about two newbie questions...

What is USB hosting?

How will I know when the update is available to me - a little notification icon or the like will pop up somewhere?

My newbie-ness thanks you.
  22. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Google I/O Delivers Taste of Android 'Honeycomb' 3.1, Ice Cream Sandwich - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

you will get an update message if you turn on your screen and. or an update icon in the notification tray bottom right.

23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i turned on the screen this AM and saw the message waiting. took about 4 minutes-ish. i will connect my dinovo edge BT keyboard to have trackpad and full keyboard functionality. ive got the camera connection kit (which i also use to charge the evo... and my mifi hotspot).
  24. BiGMERF

did the date trick late last night and it popped up.. gonna play with it later
  25. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Why is this? I installed 10.3 and I don't have 3.1 yet? Is this an issue?