• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google 3.1 Roll Out for XOOM

There is a new "Movies" tab on my Market App.

Three tabs total "Android Apps" "Books" and "Movies"

yeah im seen the old market.. i guess i just have to wait untill i get the new version of the market, i already tried deleting the app's data but no luck...

but i think are supposed to see a "videos" app with the update.. check this video @ 22:07 YouTube - GoogleDevelopers's Channel you can see the icon for the app

Upvote 0
You may have to clear the cache for the market for the new tabs similar to the phones. Also I have been through the update there is an APK on there called movies. I assume you have to go to the market and will list what is available for you to watch. I will not no more until I get mine unrooted and updated though. Go to applications manage and then under all find the market. Do a force stop and then clear cache you do not need to delete data or clear data then you should be able to launch the market with the new version.

Upvote 0
yeah im seen the old market.. i guess i just have to wait untill i get the new version of the market, i already tried deleting the app's data but no luck...

but i think are supposed to see a "videos" app with the update.. check this video @ 22:07 YouTube - GoogleDevelopers's Channel you can see the icon for the app

You are right. Just checked my Xoom. I didn't notice it before (on page 2 of the apps) but yes, when you select / shop it takes you to the Movies tab in the Market.

Upvote 0
anyone else feel like this new movie feature is really google saying w/e to netflix? I hope not !

Naw, I think it's more an answer to "there's no way to download movies to watch when you don't have a signal!" (I checked, you can download anw atch offline). More like an answer to iPad's iTunes option. IPad has iTunes and Netflix, don't see why Android wouldn't want both, too. I still plan on using PlayOn, but nice to know there's a non-streaming option, too.

Upvote 0
Speaking of the update today I got my Beta Invite for google music on my XOOM. I use a separate google account on my XOOM since my fiance and I share it and it generally sits at home. So far the service is pretty sweet.

Not sure but it sounds like Google is rolling out the invites to anyone with a XOOM I never even signed up for the beta on that account. The account I use on my three Android phones I signed up for but have not gotten the invite.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to get angry...Verizon didn't sell too many XOOMs it shouldn't take this long to push the update to all users. I could see if there have been some issues with the update, I haven't heard of any.
Come on Verizon...flip the switch and get the rest of us who paid $800 for this "beta" tablet the update.

Upvote 0
i'm starting to get angry...verizon didn't sell too many xooms it shouldn't take this long to push the update to all users. I could see if there have been some issues with the update, i haven't heard of any.
Come on verizon...flip the switch and get the rest of us who paid $800 for this "beta" tablet the update.

+100

Upvote 0
Google I/O Delivers Taste of Android 'Honeycomb' 3.1, Ice Cream Sandwich - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

One of the popular perks included Google's inclusion of the new USB host API to let users plug peripherals into a Honeycomb tablet. This will allow users, for example, to import photos from their digital camera to their tablet.

you will get an update message if you turn on your screen and. or an update icon in the notification tray bottom right.

Uhm, how about two newbie questions...

What is USB hosting?

How will I know when the update is available to me - a little notification icon or the like will pop up somewhere?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones