Google 3.1 Roll Out for XOOM

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I'm in an area where I won't be able to get wifi for a few days. I'm only using 3g. Someone earlier said to be sure your wifi is on. Will I not get it over 3g?
  2. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I don't know, it just won't let me. I can dl it, just not install it.
  3. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

same here,,, no 3.1 yet (3g xoom) but it did auto update flash 10.3 last night without any problems.
    date trick didn't work for me :mad: waiting sucks because i am curious about how good the movies look.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i was able to get the 10.3 installed BEFORE i got the update. its unclear as to why anyone had issues. :(
  5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i also got it to dl prior to receiving my update.. what i have not gotten is the update to the market. no movie tab
  6. CMNDR

CMNDR Well-Known Member

I also have the 10.3 flash without the new 3.1 update.
  7. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Active Member

TY Marc.

Does the USB hosting mean that I can use my flash drive (thumb drive, jump drive, whatever it's called)? I have a cable with the mini USB on one end and the other end can receive the drive. No-go or yes-go?

Thanks.
  8. mjf1

mjf1 Well-Known Member

Nope - have a look at some of the other threads on this subject. The Xoom does not have enough power at the jack to drive these devices.
  9. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

After reading on droid-life that those who updated manually to 3.1 are not able to play movies, I am glad that I have waited for the OTA.

Now if my music invite would arrive!!
  10. marctronixx

the wifi users do not yet have access to the movie section on the store. that will be later...
  11. Caveman419

That doesn't make much sense, but since when does Motorola or Verizon?

I have the 3G/4G version.
  12. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Active Member

mjf1 - It's sad to say, but I tried reading some of the other posts about it and I couldn't figure out what they were saying. LOL
  13. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

USB Host support is exactly that you should be able to plug in a mouse external HDD etc into the devices now. This I am sure will also come with a new dock that has a usb hub in it as we go.
  14. Caveman419

If that is the case the I will definitely buy a dock.
  15. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

yeah part of he reason I held off on buying the dock was lack of USB support as a host feature but ever since the the Asus Transformer showed it off I figured Moto would add it to their kernel and create some new accessories for it. I am hoping they come out soon though.
  16. Caveman419

One other new feature that I have not seen mentioned anywhere that would help witht he 3.0.1 updates...There is now a check for updates button on the page that lists the last checked time.
  17. CMNDR

CMNDR Well-Known Member

Where is the check for updates button? In 3.1 or 3.0.1?
  18. marctronixx

in 3.1....

19. eibook

eibook Well-Known Member

Verizon, enough already, push the update to all 3G XOOMs. You didn't sell that many, it really doesn't need to be taking this long!
  20. CMNDR

CMNDR Well-Known Member

Too true...
  21. ckeegan

ckeegan Well-Known Member

Yeah, if XOOM sales were so dismal, obviously it shouldn't be taking this long. Then again, I never believed XOOM sales were as poor as some people (who couldn't afford it) and analysts (as they typed on their iPad) made it out to be.

The Motorola speaker dock was originally stated (by Motorola) to have 3 USB ports, and Staples is still advertising that it does. Then again, the portfolio case was also announced by Moto as coming in both durable and leather options, but the leather obviously never made it to market.

If a revised speaker dock were to come out from Moto, I would demand a swap, as the page I ordered from on their site stated USB and HDMI connectivity.
  22. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

What? I have it on my wifi xoom.

[​IMG]
  23. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

How'd you do the screen capture???
  24. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I'm rooted so i used screenshot ER, if u arent rooted you can download the SDK to take ss but u need to be connected to your pc.
  25. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Few questions, points:

1. Micro-sd working yet? No, I am not baiting, but figure they would have the sense to fix it by now (I do not know, so am asking)

2. Unless in a country that can not get Netflix, the rental program seems a more expensive solution than a Netflix membership. I wonder if no Netflix on Tegra 2 is on purpose to force tablet users into a more expensive option?

3. Anybody try a 64gb thumbdrive yet with the semi-host function? Probably not enough juice, but does not hurt to ask. My guess is 16gb are probably the max.

4. Seems Nvidia's focus is off, since they have made zero effort in improving video codec support or any effort in a Netflix relationship.

Added:

After looking at the prices above, YES, the rental program is CRAZY overpriced and probably a reason behind no Netflix on tablets. Netflix on my Incredible works great and looks great on the iPad 2, so not seeing how this rental program makes any sense compared to Netflix- but that again probably explains why no Netflix in the first place.