Google Accounts

Last Updated:

1. Lunchtime

Lunchtime New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All

Loving the new phone. Simply Amazing.

1 issue though. I want to change the Gmail account that gets used with Talk, Calendar etc.

I've looked around the web. Plenty of people suggesting doing a hard reset. For obvious reasons don't want to do this.

I've seen others suggesting using the Clear data fix on the google applications on the G1 etc but theres no option to do so on Google Apps on the desire.
    (see here for more info)

Advertisement
  2. Lunchtime

So, Any suggestions of how to clear the data for Google Apps or remove the account without having to do a hard reset?

3. BlackenedUK

BlackenedUK Active Member

I haven't tried it, but could you simple remove the google account (Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Google), remove it and add your new one?

4. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I did this but could not find a way of removing the old synced contacts etc so I ended up doing a master reset. It doesn't take long to set the phone up again, unless of course you've already installed hundreds of apps!

5. Lunchtime

This doesnt work, the phone wont let you remove the primary account.

I've given up for now and done the hard reset but would be good to know if there is a way around this as i can see it being more of an issue when i've had the phone for months and loaded / configured tons. Hard reset then would really suck.

6. Lunchtime

sorry double post.

7. kaso

kaso Member

I'm bringing this thread to live again - hoping someone has found a solution.

When I set up my Desire, I used a Gmail account which I - on second thought - regretted. I've allready access to the right mail account, but my calendar is still the original and I want to change.

If I try to delete the account, Desire refuses without doing a reset to factory defaults. I can't clear cache on Google account, and if I change the password for the Google account from a PC, the syncronization fails but I'm not prompted for new account/password.

I'll prefer not to do a full reset, but I can't seem to find another way :(