1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google album art downloader??

Last Updated:

1. fantomsingh

fantomsingh Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, Im lookin for a Google album art downloader that lets you do a google image search and set it as album art in the music player....i had this on my N900 but i ive tried alot of apps in the market and none of them do it...its because the music i listen to doesnt have album art..and i dont like looking at the samsung stock wallpaper for the music player....thank you in advance

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Have you searched the Market for "album art downloader"?

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Search in the market for Album Art Grabber. There are two different versions and they both work very well. They will both look at your music library and allow you to select album art. The paid version will do that automatically for you.

4. fantomsingh

i just downloaded the album art grabber paid version and its not finding the images it just says cant find album art.....i need one where i can select my own image from google images :(

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

These apps are going to go out a seek images based on the Mp3's ID tags. They will allow you to search a predetermined database for content, but if the ID tags are odd or self created then you won't get any results. If you are looking to custom load images unrelated to the ID tag or the MP3 has no ID tag then you probably want to look at desktop software like Media Monkey.

fantomsingh likes this.
  6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yea, just do it on a pc, much easier. I use Tag Scanner.

fantomsingh likes this.
  7. fantomsingh

Damn tag scanner...just messed up my sd card...i had to format it...lost all my music :(

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I highly doubt Tag Scanner messed up your sd card. What exactly happened?

9. fantomsingh

I was adding album art, and all of the sudden i got a error message and it said tag scanner needs to close...so i did the "end task" and after i unmounted my captivate it said external sd card blank.....i had to format it but it was failing every time..so i had to use the computer to do a format...not a quick format like a nice looong format :)......glad i had the files backed up.

10. mylinuxbox

mylinuxbox Well-Known Member

Mp3tagger pro.

Works on your phone. Will search internet for covers or let you select one from sdcard.

11. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Album Art Grabber worked better for me, at least with combing through a bunch of mp3s at once.

12. lgtspecb

lgtspecb Member

If your music is tagged correctly Cover Art Downloader is the best I have found, it found more artwork than either Album Art Grabber or Album Art Grabber Free.

It can even work if your tags are slightly off by using the custom search feature. First try "Fetch missing" then long press any albums it didn't find and you can either custom search or set your own image from the sd card that you have downloaded from google images or somewhere else.

The batch download found all but 4 of my 200 albums, and the other 4 were easily found by search. Indispensable app, I love it.

13. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Some of the new music players will search for and download album art. PowerAMP did a great job of finding my missing album art.