1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Google and DRM

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Speed Daemon likes this.
  2. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Makes sense. Most of us know that the real wholesale pirates aren't going to be stopped by DRM, and that with regular users it loses more customers than it gains. So there has to be an ulterior motive.

As an Amazon customer, if I want to see my Amazon content on the road, I can either buy a Kindle that supports the media that I want to see or hear, use my TiVo boxes or a Roku. Those are my only choices short of a full-blown computer. On the plus side, if it has Amazon services on it, I know the product isn't crap. :)
  3. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

This is the reason I need 3 separate apps to access all of my ultraviolet collection, and none of them have a very good user experience.

It's also why I'm hesitant to invest in ebooks. I hate the idea of having my entire library tied to one distributor.
    Speed Daemon likes this.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I've got a lot of ebooks - quite a few are public domain. Many are Creative Commons, a lot of which are free. Baen has both free and paid. Most of these can be used on any reader. I use FB.
  5. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member

I'd be a bit careful of that techeye link, Comodo flagged it as a Phishing site.