Google Android set top box

1. windowsxp10

windowsxp10 New Member

Hello all,
    My first posting, does anyone know whether I can use a set top box,perhaps Google Android, to connect my 10 year old Sony to these type of boxes,download a vpn and then watch UK tv,BBCiPlayer etc here in Cyprus (EU Greek Cypriot part) My tv is

a Sony KD-28DX40U has two scarts,some rf loop through sockets,a viewing card and cam a side panel that has a connection for S-VHS camcorder,and audio/video sockets and an old type modem socket. If a box would connect to this tv which box would I need and where can I obtain one in Cyprus , how much does it cost, the electric ratings out here are the same as the UK. Thanks all.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

AFAIK all Android STBs use HDMI, which is digital. You can get a HDMI to analogue SCART adapter.

Something like this...
    HDMI to SCART Converter Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    ...I think most of these things tend to come from here in China.

I will not be as good as a native digital HDMI connection to the TV, the signal will downgraded to analogue 625-line interlaced. Your Sony Trinitron CRT TV is analogue only.

In order to view BBC iPlayer in Cyprus you'll need a VPN. A Virtual Private Network, to fool the BBC iPlayer that you're in the UK and not overseas.
  3. windowsxp10

windowsxp10 New Member

Hello,
    Thanks for your information, it was good to get a reply.
    Kind regards