• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google app with own domain

I use Google's hosted domain. When doing the initial setup use your entire email as the log on. Example: you@yourdomain.com (or net or org or US whatever the extension is). Then you usual password of course.

This worked without a problem for me and syncs your email, contacts, and calendar without a problem.

The reason I got this phone is because it is so closely synced with Google and I have not been disapointed.

Upvote 0
My domain is out of Network Solutions. I merely point the servers to Googles hosted domains and all of my email is done through Googles hosted domains (or I guess apps).

If your email is through Google the G1 will work just fine.

Let me elaborate a little more. I have a domain that is hosted through DreamHost. They allowed me to register my email services with google. The next day I received my G1 and was immediatly able to log into the phone with my personal domains email address. I am also able to sync my calendar with the same email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones