• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Apps Integration - mail, contacts, calendar, etc

arirang

Lurker
Jan 9, 2010
i searched for threads [keyword: google apps synch], and results yielded subjects ranging from apps [as in software] to syncing with a gmail account [vs. Google Apps account], and i looked at 'suggested' threads based on my thread title and tags added.

does android have a native single sign-on/set-up wizard [vs.3rd party] to sync with my Google Apps domain and its related services [xxx@arirangonline.com] or does wizard only allow for "xxxx@gmail.com" input?

my paradigm comes from windows mobile 6.5, and activesync configures easily and works seamlessly with google sync--contacts, calendar, mail.

comments, links, appreciated. thanks in advance.

I'm using my Google Apps account as my only account configured on my Droid, and my contacts, calendar and mail all work fine. I also use Google Reader in the browser, but that's logged in within the browser. Google Voice has separate setting for the account to use, allowing me to use my Google Account for Google Voice.

The only thing I've had a problem with so far is that I can't use the "My Maps" feature of Google Maps. Google Apps accounts don't support it, and a Google Account subsequently added to my Droid doesn't seem to make a difference in this regard. I have since wiped my Droid, and only have the Google Apps account configured.

Upvote 0
is this native single, sign-on setup included in all android versions? btw, there is a way to create a google apps user account-alias that allows login to those noted gmail-related services [vs google apps-related]. i forgot how i did it, but it was a 'backdoor' setup via picasa or youtube.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones