Google Apps Mail w/ activesyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. hurl03

hurl03 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have this working 100%

I can view an attachment once, then if I try to view it again I get a message stating the attachment is corrupt.

Have removed and added the account as well as factory reset the device several times.

I would prefer to use the HTC app over the gmail since it's more like outlook. Don't want the conversation view.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help. If I can't get this working correctly it might be back to the berry...

Advertisement
  2. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I use HTC Mail for my gmail. Create an account in ActiveSync. Then, just enter m.google.com into the server. Enter "google" as the domain name.

Works great for me.

3. ejkeebler

ejkeebler Well-Known Member

the problem have when using HTC for my gmail, is I get duplicate contacts and calendar entries....

as for the attachment issue, I just had the problem with a pdf file...

4. SeattleYanksFan

Hmm, I just realized the duplicate contacts. I'll have to play with it later and figure out how to prevent this from happening. It's no doubt annoying.

5. ejkeebler

ejkeebler Well-Known Member

i have even disabled contact, calendar and mail in the gmail sync area, but for some reason I still have all my calendar entries and if I enable calendar under the exchange setting i get duplicate calendar entries, same with contacts.....although with the contacts its not a huge deal, because it just links them all together, am I the only one who has duplicate calendar entries if I enable calendar with htc's tool?

6. hurl03

Anyone else having an issue with corrupt attachments. I can't open any. Could this be device issue? Should I exchange the device?

7. SeattleYanksFan

Did you change your HTC Mail settings to allow attachments?

8. hurl03

If you are referring to the setting in active sync, yes it's set to retrieve all attachments. the attachemnts download, but when i try to open them no matter what type, it says the file is corrupted.

9. SeattleYanksFan

Hmm... ya know I'm not sure I ever actually downloaded an attachment from HTC Mail. At first, they were all coming up as 0 kb, so I changed the settings but never got an attachment I needed to download since then. I just switched back to the native gmail app since HTC Mail's notifications have not been cooperating with me lately.