Google Apps on FascinateSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using google apps email for several of my websites. the settings are the same as gmail. I am using IMAP.

I setup my @gmail account and one of my @myprivatedomain.com emails in the gmail app and regular email app on my phone. I like using the gmail app as my email app since it auto syncs and you dont have to open and wait for sync like you do w/ the regular email app.

Now I can't setup my @myprivatedomain.com emails in the gmail app.

I don't understand on the Adroid phones why email setup is so hard. I had one hell of a time on the X and Inc setting up email. Very buggy and intermitten

does anyone know what "your phone may not be provisioned for data services" means?

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I had an issue connecting to an apps account as well. Although the error message was something about not connecting to the servers. The way I got around it was to open the YouTube app, login using the account you want to add, and go from there. You can then look into the Accounts settings (either in Gmail or just the phone settings) and set it up properly. Not sure if that's the same problem you're having, but worth a shot at least.

3. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found that solution on the web and then saw your reply.

Bingo! It worked. Wow, i love a working solution. I like the Gmail app better since the push is instantaneous. I still think this is a bug since the average user would never figrure this out.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I agree, was so excited that I could ditch the other email app and just use the Gmail one. And yeah, it's a fricken google phone, you would think adding accounts would be high on the list of things that should work, but ah well. Glad it worked for you too.

My only gripe with the Gmail app is that there doesn't appear to be an easy way to switch between accounts, other'n going to Menu > Accounts. Swiping back and forth between them would be a nice addition.