Google Apps Premier mailbox customization question...

Last Updated:

1. admorris

admorris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm asking this for my brother, so pardon me if my terminology is not exactly right. Basically he has a domain he hosts through Google Apps Premier. He has come to the conclusion (I have no idea if this is true or not) that it is impossible to set up customized mailboxes (ie "family", "friends" etc.) when using this host. I hope this question makes sense. If anyone can shed a light on this for me, please let me know and I will pass on.

thanks,
    Alan

Advertisement
  2. admorris

I think he figured it out. He was overlooking the term "labels" and if I'm not mistaken, labels are basically folders...correct?

thanks for looking
    Alan

3. Jesus

Jesus Member

What's he trying to achieve, sorting all incoming mail from family, friends, etc?

4. admorris

Yea, basically setting up "family" "friends" mailboxes where he can direct their respective mail to those boxes using filters etc. He was having trouble just creating the folders...but as I said, I believe it's just creating "labels"...correct? It's a terminology thing.

5. Jesus

Jesus Member

yes, labels=folders

6. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

Also, you can add multiple addresses in the same filter by separating them with OR like below:

mom@home.com OR dad@home.com OR mary@home.com

Useful if you have multiple email sources that you want to redirect to a specific label. I do this with pizza offers; have Dominos, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut all deliver to a label called Pizza. Mmmmm pizza... :)

I have been a long time Outlook user and it took a while for my brain to grasp the whole label=folders concept. One advantage of the Premier account is being able to continue to use Outlook. I've been very pleased with moving my domain and email from an Exchange hosting provider over to Google.