• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google+ Battery Consumption?

liamvdw94

Lurker
Jun 10, 2013
Hi,
I've had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for around a year now, and it had been working fine for around the first 8 months. But now I'm finding the battery usage to be pretty excessive, meaning my phone never lasts throughout the day, and only just lasts with flight mode enabled, display brightness down and power saving on.

When I looked at the battery consumptions chart on my S3, I saw that Google+ was consistently using the most power. I never use the application on my phone, and am not a google+ user. Where might this problem be stemming from, and is it normal? I've tried downgrading the application on my phone with no help, and it cannot be removed since it is a system app. Any help on this would be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
liamvdw94

Attachments

• 2013-06-01 15.18.27.png
    2013-06-01 15.18.27.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 38
....I saw that Google+ was consistently using the most power. I never use the application on my phone, and am not a google+ user. Where might this problem be stemming from, and is it normal? I've tried downgrading the application on my phone with no help, and it cannot be removed since it is a system app. Any help on this would be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
liamvdw94

I wouldn't say MOST, but Substantial amount of power goes on SYNC. Every single google service, checking periodically (ever 10 min or so), for mails, contacts, calendar, google+ etc... Turning off sync for certain apps, or turning it entirely off, made very noticeable difference to my battery life.

I still need to get my mails, so I downloaded an app call SYNKER. It allow you to create multiple widgets, each sync apps of your choice. So when I'm out, on 3G Data, I tap the 3G widget randomly just to get sync of my g-mail, everything else, is under Wifi widget, which I use to update stuff when I'm cable connected and in wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones