Google Bookmark Sync Help

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to find the right answer.
    I use XMarks right now and do a two sided sync, server and browser. It works great, but XMarks is going away as of Jan 2011.

Last time I tried to sync with google chrome, it basically took everything I had synced months ago and overwrote everything I already had set up on my Chrome browser. A BIG mess to say the least - XMarks almost auto synced and would have mixed it up even more.

I basically need to take the XMarks bookmarks, export to HTML, import the HTML into Chrome and THEN sync with Google.

My question is, can I specify that it only syncs the browser side? I can't find where the currently google "synced" bookmarks are to at least delete them all and start fresh.

Please let me know as I want this little project out of my hair.
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member

I had the same issue - was an XMark user. I just went to Google Bookmarks and it told you how to migrate everything. It was a snap.

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Show me the link.
    I know how to do it with XMarks and I went to google bookmarks and read what they said.
    I did it three times even deleted all bookmarks and imported and synced and it replaced all the ones I didn't want and had deleted.