Google Buzz

Last Updated:

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone think this is cool? I've looked at it a little bit and really like it; it seems to have real potential to take on Facebook. I like that it just locates you, so more more facebook posts saying, "I'm at the mall." Google seems to really have something here, imho

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I "buzzed" something last night, then deleted it because I didn't like how it said my full name tied to my Google account. I tried to delete my last name from my Google account, but they require one. I think it'll be great if you can filter them, say for example "Off Road Pictures" or something.

3. bennettc252

bennettc252 New Member

I kinda like it too. I use FB quite a bit, but I'm not a huge fan of Twitter. I think Buzz would be a little more useful, especially with the integration into Google Maps, etc.

I was out at lunch today and turned on the Buzz layer in Maps, and found a couple people in my area who were already posting.

The Maps application works great! Download the update for the Buzz integration if you haven't yet.

4. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I checked it out a bit last night, but I don't want total strangers to see my full name.

5. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

The cool thing about it is that it shows in Google Maps, the bad thing about it is that your full name and picture is there.

Then again, why do we need this? It would have been cool three years ago, but status updates? Haven't I seen that before? ;)

6. gsxr310

gsxr310 Active Member

how do you delete a buzz comment?

7. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Go to your gmail, edit the comment and then click delete

8. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

I think it's garbage.

Just seems like google's doing too much and trying to be everything you'll ever need on the internet.

And now they're becoming ISPs!

9. gsxr310

gsxr310 Active Member

ok, i figured that one out. thanks! can you do it through the google maps app from your phone?

10. mikem

mikem Active Member

you have to go to the buzz.google site on you phone. from there you can delete your post and if you find a spammer or advertizer you can report them too. just to keep it as a social site instead of an informercial place.

11. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Yes you can, just add the buzz layer, and then you can post from there

I did that last night, and tried to post a picture of the snow storm here in Michigan, but that didn't work

12. bebegrl

bebegrl Active Member

Buzz is so slow on my Droid when I'm posting comments (on the browser. The Buzz layer on Maps works fine). No problems on my iPod Touch though. Anyone else having issues?

13. mikem

mikem Active Member

It seems to take longer when I post from the other locations as well. Maps seems to be the way to go for now. Although none of them are really that slow.

14. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

Yeah buzz is really slow on the droid browser. I couldn't delete posts either.

15. Fazed

Fazed Member

You can make your updates (buzzes?) private, and restrict them to only people who already know you.

16. bebegrl

bebegrl Active Member

Okay, glad I'm not the only one with this issue. It's still new so I'm sure it'll get better soon. It just sucks that it works better on Apple than it does on my Android. lol.

17. mikem

mikem Active Member

the whole settings mess for Buzz is just that, a mess. There is no real settings. You have to do it through the google profile settings and there aren't very many choices in there anyway.

18. charugan

charugan Member

We are on, like day two right now. I imagine a lot more features will be added in the coming days/hours... and hopefully faster than phandroid's "Apps" section :p

19. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

I've only been able to make it private on a buzz by buzz basis, not like all buzzes from now on are only for specific groups.

20. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

they need a nickname feature

21. Jakbob

Jakbob Well-Known Member

I think its pretty cool tbh. Although I don't like the name thing because thats just a total security risk. :eek: . But I was actually pretty excited with it. It's kind of like a twitter for stalkers LOL. :p I think its more of a twitter app. than a fb. Short sentence updates, the ability to post pictures and share them with the world through maps is pretty cool though. Its kinda sad though... google has good technology and imho, better ways of doing things, but it seems they've been beaten to most things already.

22. Mhogan35

Mhogan35 Active Member

I'm honestly not too worried about it showing my full name... I've got my full name all over the internet (due to my business), so this wouldn't be the first time, hehe.

23. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

I sometimes wish that Google would have bought Facebook, instead of Microsoft.

24. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

If you are worried about your name, just go to the main google page, if you're logged in, and click Settings > Google Account Settings > Edit Profile
    Change your name, whatever. There is a nickname field, but not sure what uses it.

There is a way to delete posts from your phone. In the browser, go to Buzz. Touch your post. There will be a field to comment, a Like button, and a > button. Click > and select "Delete Post."

25. bebegrl

bebegrl Active Member

I changed my name on google earlier but it still posts my full name. Bah!