• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar app: how to make suggestions?

There is a search function... press the search button while in the calendar.

Um, not so much... on a G2 running Android 2.2. I open the Calendar app, hit the hardware search button... and nothing happens. This is exactly where I wanted search to pop up, so before I submit anything, I'll wait to hear from you if I'm doing anything wrong here, or maybe there's a setting I missed... Thanks!

Upvote 0
This is what I get when I hit the search button... a search query at the top.

CalSearch.png

Reactions: FortKnox
Upvote 0
That is EXACTLY what I want, and it's not happening on an HTC G2 running 2.2. What's my next step, go to your feature requests link? Thanks!
I'd ask around in the forum specific to your device first. It may be something specific in your device settings (shrug.. I'm not familiar with the G2), and other people using the same device will probably have better answers than I would.

[edit]Oh wait... from Homescreen, go to Menu -> Settings -> Search -> Searchable Items, and make sure the Calendar is checked on.

Upvote 0
I found this thread when searching on Google for how to suggest that Google Calendar add a search option.

Thank you DenverRalphy for the screen shot and explanation. I'm using a Motorola Droid 2 Global with Android version 2.2 and my calendar does not look like yours and does not have the ability to search. I tried using both the search and menu buttons as well as just holding down on the screen. I also tried going to the Home page => Menu => Settings => Search settings and found that calendar wasn't even listed as an option for being searched. I think I will take your advice and find the Droid page and make a suggestion there. If someone else knows of a good place to make this suggestion let me know.

In my search I did also find a link to this article that talks about five other calendar apps that work as well or better than the stock calendar app on the Android phone. The first one explicitly mentions that it has search capability. I may download it and give it a shot: The five best Android calendar apps | TechRepublic

Upvote 0
Yes, thanks for the explanation DenverRalphy. My G2 also does not have Calendar available as a searchable application. So where I see the list of top calendar apps for Android, I'm a firm believer that stock Android'll never get better if we always fork out dough for shiny new apps to plug the latest hole we've found in the dam. Now that being said, since some users can search the calendar, it appears to be a hardware manufacturer issue, not a stock Android issue. Is that correct? Should I somehow attemp to take it up with HTC? (oh no)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones