• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar Appointments missing

irishgator

Jun 11, 2010
Starting on Sunday, I have noticed that I am having appointments missing on my calendar. Actually, it is my wife's calendar that is shared. They are not all missing, only some. Also, I have confirmed on a computer that the appointments are actually there.

Is this a new issue? Is there something I can do to remedy it?

I am using EVO with the latest updates, etc...

check the privacy settings on the calendar . lol I'm trying.

Also, do you both access the calendar from an android device? I have seen once or twice a similar issue when two Evo phones were accessing the same calendar

Select this option if you want the event's privacy setting to mimic the calendar's privacy setting. If your calendar is private, for example, all of the events scheduled are private by default. The same concept applies to public calendars. The following two options allow you to control the visibility of specific events on public, private, and shared calendars.
  • Private
    For public or shared calendars, select this option to make sure only you and other calendar owners (those with 'Make changes to events' privileges and higher) can see the event and its details.

• Public
    This option will make the event's details available to those with free/busy access to your calendar. If you're sharing your calendar's free/busy information with a specific person or with the world, this setting will enable them to view all of the details for the specific event. Selecting this option won't make the event's details available in public search indexes.
If you've imported your events from another program or calendar, they'll automatically be marked as either 'Public' or 'Private,' depending on the privacy settings of the source calendar. Check to make sure your imported events reflect your desired privacy settings.

Upvote 0
You are all right, Mr. Ed. heh

I checked and they have the same privacy settings as the other appointments. I have full read and write access to my wife's calendar, and as a matter of fact, I created the appointment, as I did with the ones I can see... Still can't see it from my android, even though I can see it with no issues from my calendar on the laptop and from my gmail account (which is the same one on my android)...

Note, that I have had this setup for months with no issues, and it was working just fine until Sunday. No changes have been made to this appointment for quite some time... Basically, nothing has changed, but not it doesn't show in my calendar...

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue...I had my Google personal calendar and a shared calendar syncing fine with my phone, which I bought only three weeks ago. Last Saturday, 11/27, the shared calendar entries and my google contacts birthday and events disappeared from my HTC calendar. Thinking it might be a server issue, I let it go a few days, and then reloaded the calendar, and still, nothing. Then Friday, 12/3, I noticed the shared calendar items were in the HTC calendar but my contacts birthday and events were not. They are still not loading. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue...I had my Google personal calendar and a shared calendar syncing fine with my phone, which I bought only three weeks ago. Last Saturday, 11/27, the shared calendar entries and my google contacts birthday and events disappeared from my HTC calendar. Thinking it might be a server issue, I let it go a few days, and then reloaded the calendar, and still, nothing. Then Friday, 12/3, I noticed the shared calendar items were in the HTC calendar but my contacts birthday and events were not. They are still not loading. Any ideas?

did you try what irish posted above?

Upvote 0
hrm...go to menu.settings.accounts and sync.google. make sure everything is checked

if no check them and hit sync now.

if yes uncheck them all. then reboot the phone. go back into the same menu...check them all and hit sync now.

still doesn't work?

menu.settings.applications.manage applications.all.contacts storage. clear data ( you may lose any contacts added to phone that have not successfully synced) reboot phone and try sync again

i recall there being something odd about getting birthdays to show up after 2.2 but don't recall what it was. If I have time tomorrow I will look through my posts and try and find the thread

Upvote 0
Although it's been a long time since the last post, I found a solution to this problem and would like to post it for anyone who is dropping on this page from a google search (like me). The problem seems to be that for some events (mostly bdays) whose start date is set a long time ago (sometime before 1960 but I'm not exactly sure about the date) the calendar does not sync the data according to the (probably default) sync settings. The solution is to change the start date of the event from the google calendar (put a date in the current or previous year) and sync again. It solved my problem on my Galaxy S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones