Google Calendar in HTC Desire - Limited?

Last Updated:

1. TimMatrix

TimMatrix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to create a recurring event, that I want it set to Every 4th Tuesday. This can be done via Google's Calendar, but not from the HTC Desire's calendar directly.

Any suggestions?

See attached image of an example of a recurring event:
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

If this is not possible on an HTC Desire, is there any good calendar apps that would solve this? The app must feed that into the Google's Calendar, and not a stand-alone calendar app.

Ta!

Advertisement
  2. Cleargrey

Cleargrey Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it myself, but reading the manual, page 111, it says for regular events "tap the Repetition box and then choose how often the event occurs."

Like I said, I haven't tried it but I'm hoping it's what you're looking for.

3. bendip

bendip Member

the calendar repetition options i'm seeing on mine are...
    one time event..daily..every weekday( mon to fri )...weekly..monthly..monthly on day ie 31st...and yearly

hope this helps

4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Why not just add it to your Google calendar and then it should be on your HTC Desire one (When Synced).

5. Cleargrey

Cleargrey Well-Known Member

@Lukehluke - That should work. Although you want to be wary that it has been known for some repeating events that are created either online or somewhere other than the phone, do no sync properly do the phone. I just had this myself where I had to redo some reoccuring events - I deleted it online and set it up again on my Desire.

All is good now.