• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar no longer sync's automatically in either directionGoogle Calendar no longer synch's

I noticed last week that my stock moto calendar app and widget don't update with my Gcalendar notifications. IE anyting I load into Gcalendar on the google website, doesn't show on my DX, even after I manually sync.

I do have the setting to where it should auto sync, but still nothing.

Now I installed Smooth Calendar last week and it will grab updates when I hit refresh, but again stock moto = nothing.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar problem. Some of my events are synced and some are not. I've checked to be sure that the settings are correct, and they seem to be. Some events are in one calendar and some in another, but other events in each are synced correctly. A couple are recent adds, but others I added quite a while back.

Everything is correct in Google; it's just the events that have not gotten to my Droid. This is obviously a major problem, so I am hoping someone can figure out what's going on. I think that at one point all was OK, though I obviously can't be sure of that.

I also just noticed that an event I added last night on the Droid did not make it to the web calendar.

Upvote 0
No Problem.

Settings>accounts>gmail account>make sure all aspects of your account are checked. :D

Massive thanks Steven58!! You don't want to know how long I spent searching the web and reading posts until I found this.

Like the OP, I had to use the power control widget to turn auto-sync back on. Prior to that I could go to Settings --> Accounts --> Google Account, but there were no checkboxes there. For each item (books, contacts, mail, and calendar) it just said something like 'Press to sync now.'

For future reference, do you know if there's a setting to turn on/off the auto-sync functionality without having to use the widget? Just curious and thanks again!

Upvote 0
Massive thanks Steven58!! You don't want to know how long I spent searching the web and reading posts until I found this.

Like the OP, I had to use the power control widget to turn auto-sync back on. Prior to that I could go to Settings --> Accounts --> Google Account, but there were no checkboxes there. For each item (books, contacts, mail, and calendar) it just said something like 'Press to sync now.'

For future reference, do you know if there's a setting to turn on/off the auto-sync functionality without having to use the widget? Just curious and thanks again!

Curious as well. I had to use power control too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones