Google calendar not syncing unless toggled off and on?

Last Updated:

1. panicsteve

panicsteve Member This Topic's Starter

I'm finding that the Galaxy Tab's calendar is not pushing or pulling changes from Google Calendar, UNLESS I go into Settings and toggle Calendar sync off and back on again.

Then it will sync to the current state and go back to not syncing.

I found out the hard way that you have to make sure events are assigned to a Google calendar and not "My Calendar" which is local to the device only. So that's not the problem.

Anyone else? Workarounds or solutions?

Thanks,

Steven

Advertisement
  2. mrfeb14

mrfeb14 New Member

panicsteve, thanks for the note, i'll have to check that on mine.

I have a question, have you or anyone noticed that "subcalendars" from your gmail callendar account aren't loading in the stock calendar app? On my droid eris all the calendars associated with my account load (albeit slowly) but on the TAB i just got i'm only getting the main account calendar but not all the other shared and subcalendars i've created in that account.

Can anyone suggest a fix or another app to try. the main reason i got this was because of the calendar and without being able to easily see and manipulate all my google calendars i use for work, the TAB is pointless to me.

Thanks in advance.

3. panicsteve

4. mrfeb14

mrfeb14 New Member

Panicsteve, i did find when i was connected to vzw 3g service i did either have to use sync now or start and stop in the sync menu to get it to sync.. when i was connected via wifi it seemed to sync much quicker, within a minute of making a change. I keep hearing about vzw tab being crippled and being different from the other versions so maybe that's it?

5. panicsteve

I have an AT&T Tab, and was on WiFi when I was encountering this problem. So I don't think it's carrier specific.

I added a calendar event from my desktop today, and it seems to have made it to the Tab's calendar without me doing anything. So, at least for now, the problem seems to have gone away on its own. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it.