GOOGLE Calendar, Please Help

Last Updated:

1. micp1480

micp1480 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using GOOGLE Calendar and and CalWidget. I have erased all my calendar appointments on my GOOGLE Calendar, but they keep reappearing on my Droid, How? I have uninstalled CalWidget and reinstalled, and my appoints reappear. If I go to my google calendar it's clean right to the end of the year. What I did have there has been deleted, but not from my phone. Am I making any sense or am I going crazy? Can someone please help me, I am going nuts, I want to start with a clean calendar. Oh, I even attempted to make a new calendar, and still it comes back. Thank you.

MICP1480

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I use google calendar and cal widget for everything, I have never had any problems with my phone syncing with my google calendar. When you look at your calendar on your phone is it blank or are the appointments still there?

If it is blank like it should be tap your widget and then tap the refresh icon, that will sync it to your calendar and it should be clear.

3. micp1480

micp1480 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My old appointments stay on my phone, I can't get delete them. I want to start from scratch.

4. Mixmaster300

Mixmaster300 Active Member

I also use Google Calendar and CalWidget and have never had a problem with syncing or erasing appointments. I am not really clear where you have deleted your Google calendar entries. Try going to the calendar icon on your Droid, open one of the entries then touch your menu button. You can delete entries there and see if that works. However you still should be able to delete entries from the Google calendar site and they should disappear from your phone. I am not sure what is wrong.

5. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I think I understand what is happening. You are deleting everything from your google calendar on your computer, but all the appointments on your phone remain intact. I suppose Sync should recognize this and clear your phone, but its probably better that it works this way so that you don't accidentally delete all your appointments on one device and lose everything in the cloud too.

In you case it is not a tough fix. You need to clear your calendar cache on the phone. I would turn off Sync first and make sure your online calendar is still clear.

Then go clear your calendar cache as follows...

Settings > Applications > manage applications
    Press the menu button and choose "filter"
    Select "ALL"
    Go to "Calendar Storage" click on it
    Press "Clear data"

This should delete all the calendar data on your phone.

sooono likes this.
  6. sooono

sooono New Member

Thank you greatly, I was having the same problem, it got rid of all the junk that was on it an I was able to resync to my google calender... MUAH!!!

7. webmanoffesto

webmanoffesto Active Member

I followed those instructions and cleared my Android calendar. My Google Calendar is still fine. Now I want to download all the appointments from my Google calendar back to my Galaxy S Android. How do I do that?