Google Calendar sync issues after getting Root

Last Updated:

1. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got root access the other day, and i'm running the 2.1 ROM (build number ESE81 by Pete) that I got from ROM Manager.

I've started to run into an annoyance that I didn't have before (or at least didn't notice)... It doesn't sync with the google calendar correctly.

(similar, but not identical, thread here.)

It seems to have duplicated all events on all calendars onto the primary calendar. I tried to simply delete the calendar (which actually just removes all events, since you can't really delete it). Even after sync, though, it doesn't delete what was deleted on the webapp. Interestingly enough, it does copy events that i add to the calendar webapp... This means that android sync sees the new events, but doesn't see that all the old events were deleted. Any ideas? I suppose this may just be a GCal bug, but my gut feeling is that it's because of the rooted ROM.

Also, one thing I could do is perform a factory reset. But won't that make me have to re-obtain root and all that jazz?

Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Search my username for calendar threads. If I remember correctly, I had similar issues and stumbled on a resolution somewhere in these forums.
    I am tired and too lazy to look now :)

Let me know if you come up with it.
    Nick

3. overcaffein8d

looked through em... couldn't find anything.

might a factory reset fix it?

4. overcaffein8d

I FIGURED IT OUT! Huzzah! (storm the castle)

Menu>more>My Calendars

On the "My calendars" screen, Menu>Remove Calendars

Remove the the calendar that is all screwy. Then menu>add calendars and add it back!

I might add that nothing will change if the calendar is already screwed up--but if you fix it on the computer first, this will properly sync it.

Yay! I'm so ecstatic!

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Nice - I do recall having read that at one point, maybe on google not on this board. There are so many ways to skin the android these days, lol.

Glad you found it.