• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google calendar syncs 1 day off

does anybody know why some of my appointments sync 1 day off? i first noticed it about a month ago when i showed up a day late for an important meeting at my sons school. i thought maybe i entered the wrong date at first, but, then i noticed other events were also wrong. facebook birthdays are also wrong except they are one day early on my phone

Wow, I haven't heard of this issue in a long time. Are you on Froyo or still on 2.1? This was a known issue back in the day but not having heard about it for a long time now, I figured it was fixed on 2.2.

Anyway, the workaround I remember was to use a different calendar widget. This is why I use Smooth Calendar to this day...just got used to it and liked it better anyway.

Upvote 0
Wow, I haven't heard of this issue in a long time. Are you on Froyo or still on 2.1? This was a known issue back in the day but not having heard about it for a long time now, I figured it was fixed on 2.2.

Anyway, the workaround I remember was to use a different calendar widget. This is why I use Smooth Calendar to this day...just got used to it and liked it better anyway.

i'm on 2.2, i just tried smooth calendar and it seems like its just a widget for the android calendar so the dates remain the same.

Upvote 0
It is just a widget but as I remember it, the issue was pinpointed to the widget for some people which is why I mentioned it. Logon to your Google account from a PC. Are they off by a day on there too or just the phone? If both, create a fake appt while online, then check the phone. Does it show the desired date in that instance?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones