Google Calendar Widget doesn't show todays events?

Last Updated:

1. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

I've looked through every setting I could find in Calendar and I'm at a loss. I have the regular widget on my desktop and it only shows one or two events at a time even though there's space for more, and I have several events per day. The more infuriating part is the widget shows TOMORROWS events, not today's. When I click on the widget the calendar shows my agenda correctly, focusing on today, but the desktop widget does not. Is this just how it works or can i change it?

2. Jane

Jane Member

I have a similar problem with the Corporate Calendar Widget. When I go to it, it shows me appointments from a few days ago rather than focusing on today. My last phone (Windows Mobile) would fade past appointments so that I could focus on what was upcoming. With this widget everything looks the same and I have to scroll to find today.

3. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I think the calwidget widgets are better. I go with the 4x2 (4 tiles wide, 2 tiles high). It takes up some real estate but gives me a couple of days' events.

mode likes this.
  4. Jane

Jane Member

Thanks for the suggestion!

5. DanTheMan

DanTheMan Member

Thank you! I was having the same problems with the included calendar widget and calwidget is terrific.

6. JohnnyBoyLive

JohnnyBoyLive New Member

This is just what I was looking for. Thank you for the suggestion. :D

7. mode

mode Active Member

That was a great suggestion Tim. I just installed it and it's definitely better than the stock calendar widget.

8. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

Might also look at Android Agenda Widget. Can list at least a dozen events (I run it full screen) and quickly link to the calendar. It also has an add button to add event without leaving the widget

9. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

+1
    This one is my favorite. I have one whole panel dedicated to it (4X4) lots of options for customization also.