1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Calendar

Last Updated:

1. sdellin

sdellin Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the google calendar that comes with the Android OS. I like it because it syncs so easily with the online google app. But there are a couple of things I would like to see that would make it better.

1 - I would like to have an option to set an automatic alarm reminder. I basically use my calendar for things I need to do, and so I need the alarm. sometimes i forget to add an alarm when I type in a task. This was automatic on my Voyager phone calendar, so I could never miss setting the alarm.

2 - I would like the calendar to open automatically to "today." The calendar gives you the option to set the default view, but it always opens on the last day I've set an appt. on. For instance, I was looking back in the calendar to see a previous appt. like a week prior to today. The next time i opened the calendar it opened to that day a week prior to today.

3 - Also, the default calendar is "my caledar." I don't use that one because it doesn't sync with my online calendar. I would like an option to set my default calendar.

My question is this: Does anyone know of an app that will do all these things? I've read that smooth calendar will do this.

Also, i could just download smooth calendar and try it, then remove it if I don't like it. I just hate to keep adding apps to my phone if I'm not sure. I certainly don't like the ads that come with the free options, and I hate to pay for something I'm not going to like.

Any advice or recommentations would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this would work, but I've heard of an app called "tasker" that seems to do almost anything on an "if, then" basis. Maybe that would do what you're asking. I'm not spending $6.99 for it at the moment, so can't say first han

3. sdellin

sdellin Member This Topic's Starter

if i try it, I will let you know how it works.