Google Calendars - matching colours

Last Updated:

1. samdale36

samdale36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a number of different calendars on Google calendars all with different colours. I have recently started a job that uses Google Calendars too and so have imported these into my account. However, when I sync them, the colours of each calendar do not match the colours on Google Calendars online.
    My original 3 calendars

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

There is no way to change this within the stock calendar. I would personally download another to see if this makes a difference. I use Android Agenda Widget (New) and find this perfect. Its very customisable and looks great (I'm very picky!)

I know it does support setting the colours as per google but never tried it as I only have one :D

Let me know how you get on.

3. samdale36

I don't know whether this changes ur answer at all bit I am jot wanting to change the colours using the stock app. Just have them matching the colours I have already used on the web based version of Google Calendars.

cheers for your help.

4. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

There is a way of doing this, but it involves changing the colours of your calendar in Google, rather than the phone. The stock calendar only matches some of the colours of the Google calendar, so you may need to experiment a bit. The darker colours appear to work best.

There is a more detailed explanation here (Google help forum) which tells you more about it.

5. samdale36

I had seen this in my searching for an answer and saw how many of the posts said only the bottom 3 rows of colours worked. It didn't work for me though. However, I re-read the posts again and found one saying try the top two rows of colours and it is now working. So thanks!! Not ideal but that was the simplest solution!