• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Car Home for Virtuous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have the barcode scanner app you can actually scan directly using the option in ROM Manager (assuming you have premium).

You know, I saw that the other day and it didn't even cross my mind to use that part of ROM Manager. When I scanned the code it gave me the option to install via ROM Manager, so thats what I did. But it failed, so I just did it manually through recovery.

Upvote 0
Take 3:

http://files.virtuousrom.com/extras/virtuous-install_google_carhome_v3.zip

This version is based on the approach used in v1 of the patch, which keeps HTC's Car Panel around and let's you choose which to use as your default. As opposed to v2, which installed Google's Car Dock as the Car Home launcher.

It's been validated by several members of the beta group who have confirmed it works.

Reactions: incred99
Upvote 0
I couldn't stay away from this. I did a wipe reinst of 3.0.1, then did the Car Home v2a inst via RMgr. I got a Car Home item in the pgms list that brings up Car Home. I have no clue what was messed up on my prior 3.0.1. I decided to keep this 3.0.1 inst and reload all my apps and setup manually to know I get a clean phone. I do like that Car Home is customizable (somewhat) and has a 'turn CH on when near a specified BT device' function.

Upvote 0
Take 3:

This version is based on the approach used in v1 of the patch, which keeps HTC's Car Panel around and let's you choose which to use as your default. As opposed to v2, which installed Google's Car Dock as the Car Home launcher.

It's been validated by several members of the beta group who have confirmed it works.

Thanks RMK, is this in ROM Manager or should we just do it from the zip?

Upvote 0
Take 3:

Nope. Didn't work for me. I had v1 of car home installex and working. I judge updated to v3. Now all I have left is car panel. No sign of car home. I will say the before the omly icon I had was car panel, but it launched car home. I nope that helps.. restoring.

Upvote 0
Nope. Didn't work for me. I had v1 of car home installex and working. I judge updated to v3. Now all I have left is car panel. No sign of car home. I will say the before the omly icon I had was car panel, but it launched car home. I nope that helps.. restoring.

After installing and booting you need to allow a few minutes for all the packages to install and the system to settle. Once you do, launching Car Panel will prompt you on whether you want to run Car Home or Car Panel.

Upvote 0
After installing and booting you need to allow a few minutes for all the packages to install and the system to settle. Once you do, launching Car Panel will prompt you on whether you want to run Car Home or Car Panel.

Well, I was up for several minutes, but ill give it one more try.

6 minutes, still no car home. It didn't take this long the first time I installed.

Upvote 0
Car Panel does not prompt for Car Home v3. Any ideas rmk on what's wrong?
Update: Uninstalled Car Home from Settings, Applications (com.google.carhome)*. Reinstalled Car Home v3. Waited 15 minutes before even attempting to run Car Panel. Created a fresh icon and then ran Car Panel and it worked - prompted for Car Home.

*When I went back to Settings, Applications, Car Home is no longer there. Weird.

If we want to uninstall Car Home v3, how do we do that (where to uninstall and the file name)? Thanks rmk.

Upvote 0
Car Panel does not prompt for Car Home v3. Any ideas rmk on what's wrong?
I disabled CP via VB before installing CH2a off my SD. I now have two CH items (showed up quickly) in the 'download' tab of Settings/Apps/ManPgms, one 20kb and one 1.14meg. I have one CH item in the main Pgms List, with CH steering wheel, not CP's panel. This was on a fresh 3.0.1 with wipe yesterday. VB's 'whats disabled' list shows Car Panel as gone.

Upvote 0

Rmk,

I never got v3 working. Only had car panel and no car home after installing v3. Ive had no problems with v1. I'd like to get this working. Any other ideas? Note, I'm as stock as can be, other than the custom kernel.

Upvote 0
Reactions: emmur0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones