• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Cardboard Issues

troy_cummings

Feb 25, 2014
The Google Cardboard headset I ordered has arrived, but to my dismay, it didnt have the magnets or NFC sticker. It only had the headset and the lenses. I still wanted to try it out, so I put it on and etc. It doesn't seem to be tracking my movements, or at least not very well. It slightly moves when I raise and lower my head, but side to side doesnt work as far as I have seen. I have used a sensor testing app and it says I have an accelerometer, and the phone's settings talks about calibrating the G sensor, which I assume is the gyroscope, and it is calibrated. The one thing that worries me is that I downloaded another sensor app and it said my device didn't support a gyroscope, and the other app also said I don't have a gyroscope, but what else would the G sensor be?

Attachments

• 1420548766941.jpg
    1420548766941.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 82
Same problem here, the cardboard is quite a disappointment as without tracking its near to useless. As far as I have learned, the g-sensor is not the same as the gyroscope, but I guess it should be able for a g-sensor to "emulate" a gyroscope at software level. No luck finding any such hack for android so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones