Google CEO: Nexus One so successful we dont need a Nexus Two

Last Updated:

1. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

The Nexus One was a failure sales wise online unlocked, but they did do what he said in the article and set a vision to manufacturer on the level an Android device should be. As a side effect they did create a brand in the Nexus, and they will need to continue having a developer phone like the G1 was and N1 is, so they will continue to have at least one high end device with stock Android.

3. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I won't buy a phone with a skin I really hope google keeps a developer phone going.

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

From the moment android begins to outgrow the N1 and needs to be optimized for better hardware, google will prob release a new phone that is really 'high-end' for that time. I'd say in a year or 2.
    But hey, who knows what direction google will want to steer android in in 2 years. The phone will be a reflection of what they want to accomplish with the OS. And who knows what new technologies google has set it's eye on by then. We can only dream :)

5. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Even is it's not a "Nexus" phone, there will always be a phone like it. Google is not going to get up on stage and demo a skinned version of Android. Even if the next phone is sold direct through T-Mobile, there will be a stock Google phone that the OS is internally developed on. At least, this is my theory.

6. eric1589

eric1589 Active Member

unless my N1 has some sort of problem, i see no reason to get rid of it for a long time. its faster then the laptop i still use. infact i havent used my laptop since i got my nexus.

7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

We've already heard that Gingerbread will be made so that skinning should not be necessary. I hope so because I too would like to stick to stock Android.

8. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

My requirement for a phone, first and foremost, will always be that it is unlocked and unbranded. I cannot stand carrier interference in a phone, I like to mess with it how and when I want and still maintain manufacturer support. That's why I was with nokia for so long (I don't really like to admit that anymore though, lol).

I'll go back to nokia, don't test me, I'll do it!!!

9. fangorious

fangorious Guest

Well that sucks. I was intending to wait for a Nexus with a touchscreen that doesn't have the multi-touch axis flipping problems. I'm guessing if they don't make a new consumer phone they'll at least have their rooted developer equivalents like the ADP1 and the Ion.

10. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

How we can know Google don't give the Nexus Two in some time and as Microsoft, haha, they will closed Nexus One and Two as Kin One and Two ;))

11. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Went to buy a second Nexus One for my wife and unfortunately the online sales of Nexus One has closed.

The only thing left are new ones on eBay for about $100 more then the original price, or used ones.

12. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Funny, I can order another from the UK - currently on the checkout screen?

NexuSix likes this.
  13. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Hey your right!...it must have been temporally down! :)