Google Checkout issue, anyone dealt with it before?

Last Updated:

1. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using free apps for quite a long time, but now there are some apps that I want to buy. The problem is with Google Checkout. I've searched and the solution doesn't work. I always get the infamous "server error" when its trying to authorize the transaction.

The solution was, put your card info via a computer, then go buy it via the market. Well, that didn't work. I remember when I tried to buy a domain with Google apps, I also ran into a problem because of google checkout.

Has anyone dealt with the checkout problem where you couldn't buy anything at all? Any tips on getting there damn non-existent customer service to help me out?

I tried to buy via T-Mobile billing method, but that is also a no go because the info is stored on my checkout account and not directly to T-Mobile. Man, if they do bring paypal out soon, I hope they don't connect it with checkout otherwise, I can't buy any apps.

Advertisement
  2. fangorious

fangorious Guest

Is your primary gmail account (The one you used to sign at the first boot when you first activated the phone) an @gmail.com address or is it a Google Apps domain address? There's a known bug buying from the Market with an Aps domain. Assuming you have a 2.x device capable of multiple gmail account sync, adding a second gmail account with an @gmail.com address will allow you to purchase apps. The license is recorded with your primary (the Apps domain) but the Checkout transaction uses the @gmail.com account (the receipt is mailed to that account).

3. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, it's a gmail email. I'd rather not use another account since I haven't had problems when I first used checkout with the same account, but if that's the only way, then I guess I'll do it. :(

4. fangorious

fangorious Guest

If it's an @gmail.com account then my post doesn't apply.

5. mgladding

mgladding New Member

I have a regular gmail account (@gmail.com) and a google apps account (@mydomain.com). My google checkout account is linked to my regular gmail account. I've had my phone for about 6 weeks and I have never been able to purchase anything from the market.