• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Chrome settings

Sept1967

Android Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2015
Story of 2 phones,

My LG G2
GFs LG Stylo

Both have same version of Chrome. Mine I can set a Homepage, hers has no homepage option in Chrome settings. Is this a phone/skin setting? Wouldnt the same Chrome have the same setting options?

Chrome-Home.JPG

I've seen this before & just figured everyone got this option,kinda weird that it differs across devices & what I'm guessing,carriers as well,possibly.
I've got the same update version on my Note5 & Stylo & just as you,no option for a home page with the Stylo.
I tried out Chrome Beta & Chrome Dev,still no option.
The one option that will work is create a bookmark for what you want your homepage to be & place a shortcut for it on your desktop.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Home-Arrow.JPG
I've seen this before & just figured everyone got this option,kinda weird that it differs across devices & what I'm guessing,carriers as well,possibly.
I've got the same update version on my Note5 & Stylo & just as you,no option for a home page with the Stylo.
I tried out Chrome Beta & Chrome Dev,still no option.
The one option that will work is create a bookmark for what you want your homepage to be & place a shortcut for it on your desktop.

My mind is in the PC world, same software has same options per platform :)
The little home button is so much more easier

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-06-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-06-04.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-05-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-05-15.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-06-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-13-06-07.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
I read a while ago that Google is testing out a home button for the Chrome app. It said some people would randomly get the home button while others won't. Sounds reasonable, I guess. But I support this finding over the article's. I had the same results with my Zmax. It was a T-mobile version and out of the box it had the home button in Chrome. I flashed the MetroPCS stock ROM and the home button was gone. Flashed the Tmo ROM back and the button returned. (This is what lead me to search for an answer and found the article.) Now that you guys have the same result by editing the Build.prop to Tmo it seems to me that Tmo phones, at least some of them, are supporting the home button. Why? Beats me. But results are results, I guess. Maybe if the article is correct then maybe, just maybe, Tmo customers are the test subjects.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Any more rumors on this? I'm sure it would be a huge hit but I think Android is going to put a big dent in the market share they would have had if they came out with it when people were starting to talk about it. They probably would have cornered the market actually.

I'd still like to see one... BTW I never understood why GameGear (I know it's not a phone k? thx) didn't blowup to epic proportions.
Ok... I have a day n 1/2 break of tour... When i made changes to find the hm botton on chrome i found that many settings are impletented depending variant... For example:
Tmo/mpcs: limited.
Vzw/Sprint: video.call, cdma/gsm/wcdma/lte/wimax. Multicolor led, all modes in cam bit it foreclose @ the first attempt same in diler app
Music has all settings with cover n motions, multiuser upto 5 only.,
Webview setting are enable DeveloperMode but it crach on the opening, able to open notification in view @ the lockscreen without opening completely but it crash too
I guess we need the
system-framework or ui to modify
to make it happen.
On ATT(open & claro [P.R] pretty much the same exept video.call needs subcription no wifi.calling @ all.
Setting for 2.sim
Now all this happend n i had a tons of crashed here its some of the scshots i was able to do before apps or ph crash

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones