Google Cloud?

Last Updated:

1. eteyen1

eteyen1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone explain to me how it works? Did a search on google and couldnt find the info I thought I knew about it. Am I right in thinking that it is via this that chrome/firefox to phone works, and that you can do backup and restore to and from the cloud? If so, how does one go about that?

And in that case, is the cloud better for backing up than lookout? Cause I'm thinking of getting look out now that my wavesecure free trial is over (dont really want to spend $19.99 if lookout is just as good and free?)

Advertisement
  2. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

The cloud just refers to using the internet for backups. Your data is backed up on a server somewhere rather than on your SD card.

3. eteyen1

eteyen1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

right, so is this for all my user data, or is that only for apps that have backup to the cloud enabled-I read an article that hinted at the latter. What I'm asking basically is do I still need to back up my user data, or if for instance I lose my phone, and then get a new one, will simply logging into my google account automatically restore all my data (or manually if necessary). Basically will I have access to my data, or should I go ahead and get a back up service such as lookout (the backup part I'm referring to at the moment) or wavesecure