google contact info disappearing

1. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Three times in the last week contact info has disappeared from my google contacts/phone (Incredible).

Twice, with different contacts, the home phone numbers just disappeared from both the phone and my google account.

Last Saturday I entered a completely new contact info for a friend (incl. a picture) and on Sunday the contact was gone both from my phone and my google account.

I always enter this information on my computer via google contacts and then it does get successfully synced to my Incredible and is available for a while.

When the contact disappears it's gone both from my phone and my google account info, it doesn't show in "all contacts" either - it's gone for good.

I have created a groupd called "New Friends" where these contacts were placed. I belive they are still also automatically part of "My Contacts". It's been easy to notice the disappearance since I only have a few contacts in this "New Friends" group. I worry about this happening, esp if it's not easy to notice.

I've seen other threads with this type of problem over the years when I searched, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for this rather serious problem.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. midnightd

midnightd Well-Known Member

I have the same problem on my Eris... the contacts won't show up in the main contact list but they still show up in the group list. They still show up on google itself as well.

Running Eris 2.1v3 - any suggestions?
  3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Are you using HTC sync? That deleted a whole bunch of my contacts because they weren't on my computer (which makes no sense...)
  4. midnightd

midnightd Well-Known Member