Google Contact Not Showing Up Issue

Last Updated:

1. moonlanding

moonlanding New Member This Topic's Starter

I searched but could not find a solution for my particular problem.

Working on a Sprint HTC Hero that was recently upgraded to 2.1.

But the contacts when added as a google contact only show up under "all contacts" in google and not on the phone itself.

At first, I worked around this by logging into google to manually switch the contacts to "my contacts" and it then showed up on the phone.

Now, I figured out that when adding the contact on the phone, I have to choose "null" as a group label for the contact to show up on the phone.

Is there a fix for this?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

First make sure that you have google contacts sync checked. If they don't show up, go into the people app and make sure that you have the google contacts checked.

3. moonlanding

Yes, the google contacts are syncing fine. They sync perfectly after I log into google to switch the contacts from "all contacts" to "my contacts"

I just want to avoid having this extra step since the person using the phone won't be able to do that after every new contact they add.

For the record, I have two other Hero phones that are on 2.1 originally when we bought it, and those phones function just fine. Only this third Hero that I had to personally upgrade to 2.1 has this issue.

4. moonlanding

Reflashed 2.1 and problem solved. Followed the steps exactly like the first time when upgrading.

Eh. Just glad it's fixed.