Google Contact Photos vs Facebook PhotosSupport

Last Updated:

1. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I make my contact photo stay as the google photo.

I have several contacts who are linked to facebook contacts and have selected the google image are their main photo. Unfortunately some of the contacts seem to keep changing back to the facebook photo after a short while, whilst others remain OK.

I have been struggling with this for quite some time, each time I change the selected image back to google but it always changes itself back.

Baz

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I had this problem and never found a fix or decent work around. Sorry but I think you're stuck with it.

3. rebirth24

rebirth24 New Member

Reviving this. Has there been any fix for this? Would love to be able to set a local picture as a contact photo without having FB photo overwrite it every time!

4. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

with me it stays, only, when I reboot, or the contact reload (dunno when that happens exectly) they revert back to FB, but thats only 1 contact with me so...

5. rebirth24

rebirth24 New Member

Mine wont even change. It is like once FB takes over it is Read Only and wont allow any kind of change to the picture no matter what I do (unless I suppose I remove my FB account). Would be nice to change some people's FB picture to something else though. If anyone knows how...?

6. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bump

Wierdly enough it only affects some of my contacts. Bl**dy annoying though as some of my FB contacts have not set up photos so would definitely prefer the google photo to remain as the contact photo.

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its true, only some affected.

Theres no fix.

I dont have the issue anymore as I dont have HTC people anymore.

You could maybe work around it by removing all google pics, and turning google sync off.