Google Contact pictures missingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 27, 2009
    I am having a problem that has me completely stumped. I currently have a rooted 2.1 Eris running Evil Eris 3.0. (great ROM by the way) When I was setting everything up after flashing the ROM I noticed that many of my contact pictures from facebook were appearing for my contacts rather than the google contact picture. I logged out of the Facebook with Sense and then entered the app management menu. I found the Contact storage app and cleared contact data. I did this so that I could remove the contacts from the phone then sync just the google contacts.

Well it started to sync and was finished much faster than expected. (usually it takes a while to download all the pics). I checked my people app and found that all my contacts were back but virtually all the pictures were missing. I also noticed that a couple of contacts were displaying old pictures that I had once used for the person in google contacts.

I figured it would just take a while to finish syncing and everything would be fine. Well last night I logged into gmail (on my pc) and pulled up my contacts. I found that all the contact pictures have been removed just like on the phone.

This has been very frustrating because I had gone to great length to get pictures for nearly all my contacts.

Does anyone know what would have caused this or if it could be fixed? I don't know if the problem is with the phone or if it is on google's side.

Anyone smarter than me have any ideas?

Thank you.