Google Contact Sync

Last Updated:

1. coeus

coeus Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to sync just the Google "My Contacts" to the Behold 2? I'm not finding any meaningful contact settings anywhere.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

mine did it autmoatically after I signed into the market

3. coeus

Did only your "My Contacts" sync or did all of your contacts sync? I have all of my contacts sync, but I just want "My Contacts" to sync down to my phone. I don't want all the contacts Google creates whenever I send an email.

4. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

Oooooooh, read the first post wrong. My bad, you are correct in saying it syncs all contacts, but the way I have my Google Contacts setup is I backed up the "My Contacts" and then deleted all contacts, and then just restored the My Contacts so they were the only things left, and from that point it made managing the contacts alot easier, so when I send an email I'll just delete the contact off my phone when it shows up. Not a perfect system by any means but I'm not sure on how to sync that one group

5. coeus

Yeah, that's a viable workaround. I posted over on the T-Mobile forums as well. Hopefully we get an official response about this.

Chalk up one more reason on why I can't wait to install a hacked ROM.

6. imahawki

imahawki Member

Yeah, I wonder if all these Android based phones will impact how Google handles contacts. I think its very silly to have a guy I email once about a quote to paint my house gets added as a contact. Am I missing something regarding gmail contact management that everyone else is aware of? I actually have a Hero but it works the same obviously.

7. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

only 'my contacts' sync to my android phone.