Google Contact SyncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ra21V12eN

Ra21V12eN Active Member This Topic's Starter

For the past 2 days, Google Contact Sync has failed and is attempting to sync NON-STOP!

In doing so, my battery will now only last 1/2 the day at best. For example, last night, the phone was on the charger all night. Took it off and turned the phone on. 45 minutes later, I'm now at work and the battery is at 62% per System Monitor. :mad::eek::mad:

I've gone into Settings >Account & Sync>Google and the error message on Sync Contacts is: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. I've told it to cancel the sync, but need to get this fixed can't live with the phone attached to the charger all day. Any suggestions? I'm running 2.1 OTA

Appreciate any advice you can give!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Easy. You may want to turn off background sync in settings->accounts & sync temporarily. Then settings->applications->manage applications. Wait for it to refresh. Look for "Contacts storage" and tap it. Tap on "clear data" and then go back to accounts & sync and turn background sync back on. That should clear it up.

3. Ra21V12eN

doogald!

You're awesome... worked perfectly!

Thank you!

4. Ra21V12eN

Ok,

Since doing this, I'm now having 2 separate issues.

#1 - I have a contact that should show up on the Favorites widget. He will randomly fall off and come back... any suggestions?

#2 - None of my contacts are syncing the pictures with Facebook. They were all linked at one point and now all the links are gone / I can't re-link them. Any suggestions?