Google Contacts/ GMail contacts

Last Updated:

1. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm new to android and I've been playing with it for a week and a half or so but I'm still very confused about my contact lists. I had a gmail account originally so I'm using that one on my phone now.

I have the contacts set to automatically sync with my gmail account. Each time I create a new person in my phone I create it under a google contact. Can someone explain to me why there are so many different lists in gmail? There's my contacts (which I think is all my droid contacts), all contacts and most contacted. Most contacted is obvious. All contacts has a couple people that I've contacted through gmail but they don't show up on my phone... why? I would like my lists to be the exact same.

The other thing that confuses me is that if I go to link someone and I press all contacts it shows every single gmail contact like I wish it would normally.

One other thing is that I don't understand what the linking to google means. I have a friend who is in my phone but it's just his email (which is gmail) and it shows the linking thing saying google but it isn't connected... do I have to have a phone number or something to link him? I don't get that.

The final thing is that my facebook friends list to link the contacts isn't updated. Is that something that I update through the contacts menu somewhere?

Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm quite confused right now. I did search the forums before posting, I apologize if I missed this topic somewhere else.

2. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I find it best to organize my contacts when I am at my computer, just go to google contacts.

As for linking the contacts I can't help you there. I remember playing around with my phone and figuring it out. But I don't remember what I did