• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Contacts & Gmail Synching, Calendar not

Wolfhound89

Lurker
Nov 11, 2009
I am not sure if I missed a setting update or something changed and I didn't realize.

I just realized this weekend that my Google calendar is not synch to my HTC Hero. While contacts and gmail are synching fine. I have not installed any apps recently and have tried to force a manual synch without success. Also, I have also taken the battery out in hopes a reset would solve it.

My question is this. Which side should I be looking at? The google web site side or my phone?

Thank you.

I am not sure if I missed a setting update or something changed and I didn't realize.

I just realized this weekend that my Google calendar is not synch to my HTC Hero. While contacts and gmail are synching fine. I have not installed any apps recently and have tried to force a manual synch without success. Also, I have also taken the battery out in hopes a reset would solve it.

My question is this. Which side should I be looking at? The google web site side or my phone?

Thank you.

I have the exact same problem with my Hero. I want to root but since my phone is my PDA too, I needed to make sure my phone calendar was replicated in Google. See my thread "Before Rooting - How Do I Back Up My Calendar?" in the root section.

LBP is correct on the setting; test it and then see if it works both ways -- from Google to phone and phone to Google. Then see if your historical entries sync up; mine did not.

Another forum suggested going to: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Calendar and then clear data as a solution before trying a re-syncing. I did not try that because I was not sure it would delete all my historical data..............

Reactions: Wolfhound89
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones