Google contacts not syncing correctlySupport

Last Updated:

1. kevinx

kevinx Active Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Desire. Google Contacts on pc (and laptop) and phone.

These USED TO sync okay between each media. Whatever I changed on the pc/Laptop, would be reflected on the phone, and whatever I changed on the phone, would be reflected on the pc/Laptop. For the last week or so this has not been happening. Whether I change, add, or delete, on the pc/laptop or mobile phone, these changes are NOT reflected on the other media :-(
    The CALENDAR still syncs okay between the phone and pc/laptop.

Now, is this a phone issue? A Google issue? A sync issue? Has anyone else been having this problem, and have they been able to resolve this??

Thanks in anticipation,

Advertisement
  2. chrisrosevilla

chrisrosevilla Active Member

Hi Kevinx, I've just posted a reply/& what fixed mine on the VF forum after your post. I had to do a factory reset but all is working perfectly now. Hope that helps.

3. kevinx

kevinx Active Member This Topic's Starter

Chris,
    Apologies, I had not been monitoring this thread, thinking that I'd receive an e-mail notification of response.
    Didn't really want to go down the "Hard Reset" route, for fear of losing all data. How did you get on with the restore??

Cheers

4. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Try deleting the data on your contacts storage app,that will delete any pics and linking of contacts you may of done NOT your contacts,

To do it click menu > settings > applications > manage applications > running > scroll to contacts storage then click clear data.

Your google contacts sync should work after that.