Google Contacts not Syncing since 9/5, everything else does...

Last Updated:

1. Cruecu

Cruecu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Edit: You can delete this thread. I just found the other one about that issue. I'm trying that fix. Sorry!

Not sure if this is because I'm rooted, since I'm pretty sure I did that around 9/5. My calendar and mail sync perfectly, but the contacts section tells me it is experiencing problems. This happening to anyone else?

I'm running fresh rom latest with netarchy kernel.

Advertisement
  2. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I had a problem but I was also using mybackup. I found some info about a conflict between the two but still don't totally have a grasp on it.

3. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

After I had a bunch of help rooting, by the way I still don't know if I used unrevoked,unrevoked 3 or unrevoked forever? In hboot it says super something s-off with the superuser in app. Sorry, I also had help flashing Damage Control 3.5 It has something called dconfig that comes with that rom. In that dconfig there is a section called "banned Apps(aka bloatware)" I had checked the friendstream box to take it off and I guess when I did that it made all my stuff, each at different times jack up the syncing where it wouldn't sync but the sync symbol as constantly on in the notification try. I did ALOT of reading and found that friendstream and facebook if deleted could cause some syncing issues. Now if anyone can tell me what version of unrevoked I have and let me know or point me in the direction of what the pros and cons of DamageControl 3.5 has...oh yeah can I do an PRI update OTA if I'm rooted or is there a special way? Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Charles:)

4. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Just in case...

Go on google, and view your contacts and make sure they are there and up to date.
    Then find the 'export' option, and choose the file type of your choice (I chose vcard, because i sync my Macs with my address book too)

And save that to your computer, just in case you mess it up.
    You can go in and save it more often than once, and make the file names dated like 'contacts091610.xxx'

When youre rooted, its always good to make sure your Evo are backed up just in case things go wrong.

5. Cruecu

Cruecu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Luckily it was an easy fix. Cleared Contacts Storage data and it synced right back up.