• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts not syncing

miamiparis

Aug 24, 2011
In Gmail, my Google contacts are more than 1 year old compared to the contacts in my LG Esteem.
If I go to aCCOUNTS & SUNC SETTINGS, "Background data" and "Auto-sunc" are checked. Then under "manage accounts", for "My contacts" sync is off. If I click on it, I see nothing under "data & synchronisation", I only see the button 'remove account" which I don't want to use.
Then, under "manage accounts", I see my gmail email address and "sync is on". If I click on it, I see that almost all the Sync are checked, including "Sync Contacts" which has a date of today.
So what can I do to have my Goggle contacts up to date on Google mail web site ?

In Gmail, my Google contacts are more than 1 year old compared to the contacts in my LG Esteem.
If I go to aCCOUNTS & SUNC SETTINGS, "Background data" and "Auto-sunc" are checked. Then under "manage accounts", for "My contacts" sync is off. If I click on it, I see nothing under "data & synchronisation", I only see the button 'remove account" which I don't want to use.
Then, under "manage accounts", I see my gmail email address and "sync is on". If I click on it, I see that almost all the Sync are checked, including "Sync Contacts" which has a date of today.
So what can I do to have my Goggle contacts up to date on Google mail web site ?

Ok. So i had the same problem for a long time. I've recently learned that when i save a contact to my address book, the phone defaults to my contacts phone. For me, i have to tap the arrow at the top of the contact BEFORE i save it the first time. Once saved i can't change it in the edit menu. It looks like this;

screenshot-1378788420586.jpg

I too can't get my contacts to sync on it's own. So before i play with a new ROM or restore, i try to check to make sure ALL of my contacts are associated to my google accounts before...

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

you have to go to contacts and click on its settings. go to display options and select only the contacts on "MY PHONE CONTACTS" and uncheck your gmail/gmails account. once the contacts are displayed on your phone, export them to sd card then go back into display options and turn off your "MY PHONE CONTACTS" and select your gmail instead, THEN JUST IMPORT THEM INTO GMAIL WHILE ITS THE ONLY ONE SELECTED IN DISPLAY OPTIONS. simple really, Let me know if this works for you

Reactions: heahboy
Upvote 0
you have to go to contacts and click on its settings. go to display options and select only the contacts on "MY PHONE CONTACTS" and uncheck your gmail/gmails account. once the contacts are displayed on your phone, export them to sd card then go back into display options and turn off your "MY PHONE CONTACTS" and select your gmail instead, THEN JUST IMPORT THEM INTO GMAIL WHILE ITS THE ONLY ONE SELECTED IN DISPLAY OPTIONS. simple really, Let me know if this works for you

Awesome! Much easier than what i've been doing....

It doesn't solve the autosave function. But makes them much easier to bring together... Tempted to remove the my contacts account... Looks like it's time for a backup! I've always wanted it to just save to my email accounts anyway.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones