Google contacts sync brokenSupport

Last Updated:

1. crossy

crossy Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a bad experience with Contact sync on my X10. Hopefully one of you 'droid guru's can help.

First experience was that because I'd got no Gmail contacts, it zapped all my contacts on the phone, rather than merge. That I can deal with - although it's annoying to have to do contacts twice.

Next problem was that sync never worked properly - new contacts never got sent to Gmail, but new ones in Gmail got sent to the phone (this is how I got my contacts back on the phone - put them in Gmail!)

But my mail problem is that now contact sync is broken. Any attempt to manually ask for sync gives that spinning arrow for a second or two and then it stops. Plus the update time on that doesn't update - so obviously it ain't syncing!. Gmail mail and Calendar work fine - so this is annoying. :mad:

I managed to get a look at the logs and I'm getting the following from D/Sync:
    Code (Text):
    1. Unable to processs gdata feed: Received 500 status code: <HTML>
    2. <HEAD>
    3. <TITLE>APS Invalid Backend Response</TITLE>
    4. </HEAD>
    5. <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">
    6. <H1>APS Invalid Backend Response</H1>
    7. <H2>Error 500</H2>
    8. </BODY>
    9. </HTML>
    Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this? It looks like an address or credentials issue - but the rest of the Google services work fine. So it's not something dumb like a corrupt password or similar, (and yes I've tried a power off). :confused:

Cheers, Bob.

Advertisement
  2. jazzninja

jazzninja New Member

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. My contacts are no longer being synced either way. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

3. renhax

renhax New Member

Okay so it was alittle tricky at first for sure,
    these are the steps to sync your gmail contacts and more:

1. Go to settings
    2. select data sychronization
    3. sign up your gmail account, dont do anything if you already have your gmail account listed.
    4. Press select sync applications and make sure gmail is selected.
    5. Once selected the "Goggle sync" button that was below the sync applications button will be selectable.
    6. Press the google sync
    7. Select contacts, or anything else you'd like to sync and it will automaticly do it for you.

****PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR 3G DATA ON OR YOUR WIFI WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN WIRELESS CONTROLS. You need internet access to sync anything!

Hope this helped!