Google contacts Sync issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been covered, did a quick search could not find anything specific

When I try and sync my contacts from my phone to google the phone say's and always has done:

Sync is currently experiencing problems, It will be back shortly.

Im on a stock OS with the latest updated ROM

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. boomboy

boomboy Active Member

am having questions on syncing phone contacts from gmail too... did you try the latest syncing software from htc?? am new here...just trying to help

3. Jaffa

It syncs fine with the lead, I want to Sync contacts over 3G to my Gmaiol account.. Calander and mail is working fine, just contacts are not working?

4. boomboy

boomboy Active Member

sorry cant help you much there..am trying to figure this out myself..

does it give you a option of choosing your contacts while syncing from google? I mean I have created a new group called phone book - can I just sync that? or will it sync all the stuff that it sees in contacts on gmail.. hope you can help me. Thanks

5. Rapo

Rapo Member

I have the same problem with mine..
    I just came suddenly over night, and eats the bettery fast!
    If turned on, i tried to go from 100% battery till 30% in about 6 hours without using the phone at all! Just because it tries to sync constantly.
    So i have turned auto sync for contacts off, mail and calendar is still on and works fine.
    Only "solution" i found is to manually sync contacts when i add new ones.
    Even tho is says it can't sync. my contacts still syncs with my gmail :S

6. steve_stewart

steve_stewart Member

Hi all

I too have been having this same problem, everything syncs just fine except Contacts......or is there a problem???

If I check Data Synchronisation for Google it reports that my Contacts haven't upated since October last year and sure enough if I try a manual sync it fails every time (3G and wi-fi). However I noticed just today that although it's reporting this fail, when I logged into Google mail from my PC and checked my contacts (I as planning on updating them manually just in case) they were bang up to date from my Hero.

As a test I created a 'Test' contact, manually sync'd Google (over 3G and wi-fi) and once again got the fail message. Now Contacts on my PC didn't update immediately before my eyes but a couple of hours later the 'Test' contact is there in my Google mail account altough my Hero still reports it hasn't successfully sync'd since last year.

Anyone fancy testing the theory? Let me know if you need any more info.

Of course this isn't a total success for me as my Hero is still trying to sync the Contacts continuously (as it thinks there's a problem) which is eating my battery. I might turn auto sync off and hope that the next OS update solves the problem for me.

Thanks,

Steve

7. Rapo

Rapo Member

Exactly what i wrote in the post just before yours ;)

8. Jaffa

Just got a warranty exchange because my screen was on the blink, and it Syncs fine on this handset!!

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Disbale auto date and time, and check and set manually.

Sync, Market and gmail dont work when there are issues with time and date.

10. southterp

southterp New Member

I have the same problem with sync to google contacts on my droid eris. It says quickly something like "Sink is currently experiencing problems. It will be back up shortly", and then keeps trying to sync endlessly. I checked my google contacts online, and they are not up to date with what was added on my phone.

Frustating; maybe the only option is to do a complete re-install to factory out-of-box condition (but I believe that erases all apps).

11. Jaffa

delete all your contacts in google, ensure you have your contacts on your phone set as Google, then re sync.. should be fine

12. Rapo

Rapo Member

Seems to have worked with mine :D
    However i lost all contacts on both phone and google after deleting all contacts in google, but had exported all contacts as a saved file within, so no problem :)

13. Jaffa

Ooops, sorry about that, worked fine with mine, it is generally conflict errors when you get issues with sync, normally clearing one if the. Databases and re syncing wirks

14. aleopold

aleopold Member

just tried this with my inspire.. didn't work :(